DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costa Rica Rules and Regulations

I'm flying to Costa in about 2 weeks for 7 days, plan on bringing Mavic. Will post my experiences traveling.

You won´t have any issues at all except for the rain. We just started our rainy season. Sunny at morning, rainy at the afternoon, but there are days that it starts raining but then you get beauty afternoon. Great Tropical Weather!!

I'm flying to Costa in about 2 weeks for 7 days, plan on bringing Mavic. Will post my experiences traveling.

Have a good time in CR and fly safely, no issues at all bringing your Mavic, they are pretty relaxed over there. If you keep your flying with FAA regulations in mind you won't have any troubles.

Oh, please share your footage wit us.

Have a good time in CR and fly safely, no issues at all bringing your Mavic, they are pretty relaxed over there. If you keep your flying with FAA regulations in mind you won't have any troubles.

Oh, please share your footage wit us.

Yea not to worried about it to be honest, this will be my sixth time to Costa but first with a drone!

Its raining a lot now, hopefully weather will be better by the time you come. Mornings are usually ok. Couple volcanoes went active Arenal and Poas.

Enjoy

73a7954ba28517cb029ec2fcc78e063b.jpg
e6eaecd593c0bfde4f01dbbff18db10e.jpg

Reactions: Crocket1158
There are some places where you cannot fly your Mavic or drone but just a few. You can fly almost everywhere following rules. If you need more info about something related with Costa... let me know!

do you need a license to fly?

Reactions: copterbob
There are some places where you cannot fly your Mavic or drone but just a few. You can fly almost everywhere following rules. If you need more info about something related with Costa... let me know!

Can you fly in arenal volcano area?

Can you fly in arenal volcano area?
Now that's one place I'd be very careful. Ask before flying for sure. I do know that flying in National Parks is not allowed, but you may be able to do it out of private property. There's also an airport nearby (La Fortuna) so DJI go itself may not let you take off.

Reactions: Chadnovz
Now that's one place I'd be very careful. Ask before flying for sure. I do know that flying in National Parks is not allowed, but you may be able to do it out of private property. There's also an airport nearby (La Fortuna) so DJI go itself may not let you take off.

i see. where else did you fly? manuel antonio?

i see. where else did you fly? manuel antonio?

I usually fly in Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste province) and surrounding area. It's very convenient to walk out of my place and be airborne with unreal scenery in less than a minute :D
flabeach-p4p.jpg

Manuel Antonio is also very close to an airport (Quepos) so DJI Go may act up there as well.

Last edited:
I usually fly in Playa Flamingo (Guanacaste province) and surrounding area. It's very convenient to walk out of my place and be airborne with unreal scenery in less than a minute :D
View attachment 24845
View attachment 24845
Manuel Antonio is also very close to an airport (Quepos) so DJI Go may act up there as well.

Isnt it just about 5km radius from the airport?

View attachment 24845

I checked the dji go app. Manuel Antonio is out of the radius. So its good to fly there

Reactions: cheebs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde