DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MattWills2000

Reactions
Hey guys! I am wondering if possibily any of you could help me out with a research piece i am doing for university on drones use in police forces. I really want to get people who are drone pilots to fill in my survey. I hope you wont mind as it only takes a few minutes and youll be helping me alot!

here it is!

Thank you all in advance!

I only got as far as the third question, and noticed it was specific to the UK. Do you only want pilots from the UK to take the survey? If not, then how should I answer questions that are specific to the UK, and don't have an option that would be appropriate for someone not from there?

For the record you have some typos which really detract from the survey. There's a missing space in the title, and in one of the first questions, the word "participate" is misspelled. I didn't get any further than that, due to the UK question above.

I only got as far as the third question, and noticed it was specific to the UK. Do you only want pilots from the UK to take the survey? If not, then how should I answer questions that are specific to the UK, and don't have an option that would be appropriate for someone not from there?

For the record you have some typos which really detract from the survey. There's a missing space in the title, and in one of the first questions, the word "participate" is misspelled. I didn't get any further than that, due to the UK question above.

Thank you for your feedback! I will correct those typos: the survey website i used didnt allow for my spellchecker to work.
Its aimed somwwhat at the UK market however whereever the survey mentions the CAA or UK it can be applicable to the US drone laws that are similar over there.

Hope that helps and your participation is very much appreciated

Thank you for your feedback! I will correct those typos: the survey website i used didnt allow for my spellchecker to work.
Its aimed somwwhat at the UK market however whereever the survey mentions the CAA or UK it can be applicable to the US drone laws that are similar over there.

Hope that helps and your participation is very much appreciated
I have now updated the survey to mention the US FAA test

Hey guys! I am wondering if possibily any of you could help me out with a research piece i am doing for university on drones use in police forces. I really want to get people who are drone pilots to fill in my survey. I hope you wont mind as it only takes a few minutes and youll be helping me alot!

here it is!

Thank you all in advance!

Your statement is factually wrong when you state that all UK Drone owner have to take the CAA test to gain a User ID etc.
You have not considered PfCO holders.

In any case the community rules are.....

10. Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. Exceptions to this may be found in the Classifieds or other explicitly designated commercial areas.

11. Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website. *Fundraising topics (GoFundMe, etc), must be approved by an administrator. *Contest/Promotions must be approved by an administrator.

Last edited:
This survey doesn't make any sense to me so I gave up. There is no explanation in the scenarios what the drone or helicopter is being used for, there's a fire in the shopping centre so is a drone or helicopter needed...I've no idea, what is the required task? There's a person fallen on a hill, again what is actually needed here? Someone has spotted the casualty so I can't see the point of a drone, I'd be wanting a helicopter to get the person airlifted to hospital but the scenario doesn't explain what is needed.

@MattWills2000
As others have posted the wording of the questions are not "focused"enough to get a specific answer.
Also if you go over to the "sister forum", CommercialDronePilots, there is a whole forum section dedicated to Drones in Public Safety. Firefighting, Search & Rescue, Law Enforcement, etc. You may get better responses there.

Good luck with your project

Thank you all for your feedback on this, I've now realised the scenarios in particular need to be altered to provide an actual task that they need to perform. I would be very grateful if you could have a look over again and see if there are any other issues you can point out.

Your statement is factually wrong when you state that all UK Drone owner have to take the CAA test to gain a User ID etc.
You have not considered PfCO holders.

In any case the community rules are.....

10. Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. Exceptions to this may be found in the Classifieds or other explicitly designated commercial areas.

11. Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website. *Fundraising topics (GoFundMe, etc), must be approved by an administrator. *Contest/Promotions must be approved by an administrator.
The survey is for educational purposes only and i just felt these forums would be a good place to find people who are experienced with drones to give their opinions on the topic.

You might also want to try/interview your local Law Enforcement, see if they have a UAV protocol that they may share with you, to give you more answers that would be more fitting to your template...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan