DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CPU Warning

Your phone (or tablet) is overloaded. Try turning off (killing) as many background apps/processes as possible - then try again.

What does it mean when the warning comes up that states your CPU from the mobile device is fully loaded and that performance will be affected

This is an issue that has been around for at least 2 FW and 2 GO 4 App updates ago. The Inspire 2 pilots have tried everything to get it to go away with no results. I wish I had an answer for you but as of now the problem still exists. If your monitor is not lagging or going green, feel lucky. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future FW updates.

Reactions: marty`s
This is an issue that has been around for at least 2 FW and 2 GO 4 App updates ago. The Inspire 2 pilots have tried everything to get it to go away with no results. I wish I had an answer for you but as of now the problem still exists. If your monitor is not lagging or going green, feel lucky. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future FW updates.

Does reverting to an earlier version of the FW (say .700) fix the issue then?

I have been getting the same warning coming up on my iPhone 6 Plus but I only get it when my phone gets too hot and the CPU slows down to keep it from thermal damage. And I only seem to have this problem on hot days when it is 92°F or hotter. If it is cooler than that and I'm in the shade I don't ever get the warning message no matter how many batteries I fly. So to me it seems obvious that it is due to my phone CPU overheating on hot days.

In fact I built a custom TLC unit with heat sink and mounted it to the back of my phone when it's in the Mavic controller and it kept my phone from getting the CPU warning due to thermal overload on 101° day. Holding an ice pack with your fingers up against the back of your phone while you're holding the Mavic controller also works. (little cold on the fingers though) [emoji16]

Reactions: austindave
After 509 kilometers over 330 flights, I started seeing this today with every flight on my iPad mini 4 + cellular and iPhone 7 Plus that are DEDICATED to drone flying and only have DJI Go and Litchi installed on them. Both devices, every flight in the same place I flew yesterday morning when the ambient temp was in the mid 50's (Seattle area around 6:30 am). Latest firmware from 9/19.

After 509 kilometers over 330 flights, I started seeing this today with every flight on my iPad mini 4 + cellular and iPhone 7 Plus that are DEDICATED to drone flying and only have DJI Go and Litchi installed on them. Both devices, every flight in the same place I flew yesterday morning when the ambient temp was in the mid 50's (Seattle area around 6:30 am). Latest firmware from 9/19.

What about the version of DJI Go? Maybe new FW or app is the cause!

Right before I left, I downloaded the one that was made available today 4.1.11 so it has to be the app (yeah, I uninstalled, rebooted both devices and reinstalled with the same result. I burned 5 batteries testing and it’s pretty consistent). I had iOS 11 final before I flew yesterday as well so it’s not the OS upgrade.

01989b6d95e5343856bb41ff6dffd9d0.jpg

DJI GO 4 iOS version history:
d76bb909e592d2ffae094699cc359086.jpg

Last edited:
Right before I left, I downloaded the one that was made available today 4.1.11 so it has to be the app (yeah, I uninstalled, rebooted both devices and reinstalled with the same result. I burned 5 batteries testing and it’s pretty consistent). I had iOS 11 final before I flew yesterday as well so it’s not the OS upgrade.

01989b6d95e5343856bb41ff6dffd9d0.jpg

DJI GO 4 iOS version history:
d76bb909e592d2ffae094699cc359086.jpg

Turn off cache video/cache photo in the djiGo 4 app. I did that and haven’t had an error since! Not saying it will work for you, but it seems to be the setting that seemed to clear it on mine.

I got it once, but only because I had Go4 and Litchi running at same time on my ipm4

I think it’s something with 4.1.11, I went back to the same location, wasn’t caching (haven’t in the past) and even deleted Litchi this time. Will wait for 4.1.12!

It looks to me like a bug in dji go 4. I have a dedicated iPad mini 3 and only a couple of other apps on it. I aways switch it on before the flight and don't run anything else aside for dji go4 app. When I get this message I usually reset the app and 9 times out of 10 problem goes away. Today it wouldn't and the video feed was quite choppy for about a minute, but after that time it begun wearing ok.

Yeah, it’s definitely software. I picked up a new iPhone 8 Plus yesterday and even with DJI Go installed, I get constant device CPU warnings (even in airplane mode so there’s no CPU cycles to manage radio comms). It may be a bug with the notifications themselves and not actually chewing excessive CPU. I would not be surprised to see a .12 release sometime this week as I’m seeing complaints on other forums.

5af1289a08a2d9cda5b76e1b0265b1b0.jpg

I got this on my iPhone 6S. I wrote to DJI support and as usual their response was useless. ‘Use a different mobile device, or send us your drone for repair’.

Seems to have been a iOS related issue, with the latest version 11.0.3 it’s gone! At least from my phone (iPhone 6+)

I had it yesterday on latest iOS version (11.2 ok I know it's beta) with latest GO4 version on an iPhone 6s.

Maybe it's related to the device rather than the ios + app version? Maybe older hardware cannot keep up with the newer software versions?

Bringing up this old topic again. I’m still getting this notification on my iPhone 6S pretty much every time. I haven’t noticed any actual problems flying and ignoring the notification (though I’ve been super busy lately and haven’t flown that much). Has anyone had an actual issue or is it safe to ignore?

Not much you can do... And you can't really ignore the warning. Once you get that message, the lag becomes unbearable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky