DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic pro into a tree now my gimbal is messed up

Keep in mind, that the 48 hour period starts once the aircraft is activated with DJI. Hope you have enough time left to activate refresh.

Hope they honor the Refresh as there is proof of an attempt. I remember making sure my insurance covered my drone before flying.
Did that as well but never encountered any problems.
If I had I'm not sure I would have been able to resist flying it, was like a kid at Christmas when it arrived.

We all make mistakes I suppose.

Sure if they don't honour it has anybody ever had their gimble repaired or have an idea how much it costs? Heart breaking stuff this is :)

That's a pain.

Did you manage to change country and still getting same error?
I've changed countries but there is no way of getting to the page I need without having to redirect from the site,there is a qr code on the card but still same error when I scan that too, I emailed DJI so hopefully it's sorted tomorrow as I only have up until then

Reactions: Rnl
I've changed countries but there is no way of getting to the page I need without having to redirect from the site,there is a qr code on the card but still same error when I scan that too, I emailed DJI so hopefully it's sorted tomorrow as I only have up until then
I googled the error you received and all were solved by changing country in store, not sure why that's not working for you.

Only thing I can suggest is to clear cache and history on your phone browser, open up DJI store, change region then open up the page to add code.

If that does not work try on a PC if you can.

Good luck man

*Opens box*
*Tosses manual*
*Flies for some minutes*
*Crashes*
*Opens thread on Mavicpilots.com blaming sensors or app*

If I had a dollar for every time this timeline happens, I could buy you a new drone.

Read the comments mate I was unsure if it was in sport mode so therefore I exoevt
*Opens box*
*Tosses manual*
*Flies for some minutes*
*Crashes*
*Opens thread on Mavicpilots.com blaming sensors or app*

If I had a dollar for every time this timeline happens, I could buy you a new drone.
I read the manual, read the comments

That's weird.

Maybe the seller got codes from NI?

I'd maybe wait a few days before putting claim in.

Does it still fly?

I haven't checked yet I was that pissed off lol, I will check when it's bright, they check the flight logs anyway I'm screwed id say, hopefully it's under 200 to repair

I haven't checked yet I was that pissed off lol, I will check when it's bright, they check the flight logs anyway I'm screwed id say, hopefully it's under 200 to repair
Im not sure they will check the logs unless your claiming it's a warranty issue.

I'd stay positive, if they refuse send them the screenshot and receipts and plead your case.

Worst case you get a bill for repair and they are normally reasonable.

That's weird.

Maybe the seller got codes from NI?

I'd maybe wait a few days before putting claim in.

Does it still fly?
Personally, I wouldn’t chance flying it again, it could make things worse.
Just FYI,,;)

Sure if they don't honour it has anybody ever had their gimble repaired or have an idea how much it costs? Heart breaking stuff this is :)

Also from Ireland, I just just broke the gimble on my on mavic too, see my thread here

If you have no luck with dji, these guys do repairs in Dublin as far as I know, I haven't used them for a repair but did buy some parts from them.

Reactions: Jamescgrave
I don't think they'll check the logs for a Refresh replacement. They'll just take your money and send you a refurb.
Most likely, however DJI’s protocol is to plug it in first and perform an analysis regardless if warrantable or covered by DJI Care Refresh.
Just after the holidays, this may take some time. If the dating of the activation of the AC and refresh are to close in activation and claim, they may question it.
Of course this would be only a possibility.
Hopefully the Op will have luck on his side.
I will continue to follow this thread and James, let us know how it’s going thru your repair or replace process.:cool:

Last edited:
Most likely, however DJI’s protocol is to plug it in first and perform an analysis regardless if warrantable or covered by DJI Care Refresh.
Just after the holidays, this may take some time. If the dating of the activation of the AC and refresh are to close in activation and claim, they may question it.
Of course this would be only a possibility.
Hopefully the Op will have luck on his side.
I will continue to follow this thread and James, let us know how it’s going thru your repair or replace process.:cool:

Or he could just fly it again in two days time and crash it again ;)

Sure they've had a few Refresh claims within days of activation after Christmas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661