DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 17 released!!!!

This one is giving me more problems than the others. I was almost at a point where I thought it was ready for prime time but several steps back on this latest one

This one is giving me more problems than the others. I was almost at a point where I thought it was ready for prime time but several steps back on this latest one
Beta 9 is out today, here is the list of changes.

What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 9
• Support for project collaboration and remote database connection on the free version of DaVinci Resolve.
• Support for double clicking or dragging effects from the effects library to the viewer to apply.
• Addressed an issue where importing some AAF timelines would take a long time.
• Addressed an issue with incorrect crop composite behavior.
• Addressed an issue with hue shift artifacts when using the HDR tool with Resolve color management.
• Addressed an issue with snapping behavior in the Fairlight timeline in some systems.
• Addressed an issue with incorrect Text+ behavior when using non left-to-right text layouts.
• Addressed an issue where the audio sidechain would sometimes not work correctly.
• Addressed an issue with intermittent audio recording issues with 44.1 KHz input devices on 48KHz timelines when using FlexBus.
• Addressed an issue with incorrect audio metering for captures using Blackmagic Design devices.
• Addressed an issue where rendering a comp with Renderer3D on a multi-GPU system would sometimes cause a crash.
• Addressed an issue where pasting clip grade using keyboard shortcut would ignore multiple selected clips.
• Addressed an issue where pasting node grades in the Color page would sometimes not copy the locked state.
• Addressed an issue with gamma shift when using Resolve color management without selecting an output DRT.
• Addressed an issue where disabling a Fusion 3D SubView would sometimes behave incorrectly.
• Addressed an issue with failed renders when using a transition between stills with fusion effects.
• Addressed an issue where in-out range would be ignored for Dolby Atmos audio-only exports.
• General performance and stability improvements.

What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 17.1 Beta 9, in addition to above
Support for encoding and decoding GoPro CineForm on Mac M1 systems
Improved performance when decoding and rendering some codecs in Mac M1 systems.
Addressed an issue with incorrect video clean feed previews when when mac display color profiles is enabled.

BTW: On last update reminder (yesterday) DR 17 is now out of beta, so 17 build 39 (non-beta) is out.

You can read more HERE on the DR17.

I watched the video demonstration of the new features. There are so many I cannot even wrap my brain around them. I can see why Hollywood film people would use this program.

They've really added features to the Cut Page, Color Page, Fairlight, Fusion and Editing pages.... Wait... Did I just mention ALL the different pages???? Holy schnikes. Davinci Resolve 17 is still in beta, but is available now.

Just thought some folks would want to know.
I have always used Pinnacle, its not bad and I know it backwards, Just started using Resolve 17, and it is fantastic, simply fantastic.

17.1 released.

What's new in DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1

• Support for Apple Silicon based Mac OS systems.
• H.265 4:2:2 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
• H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel decode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
• H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel encode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
• Support for GPU decoding of RED clips in OpenCL processing mode.
• Option to always perform copy and paste actions on selected color nodes.
• General performance and stability improvements

V17 didn't work for me, was giving me the "Resolve.exe - Entry Point Not Found" with the api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll and after was able to fixed that I got a new one which was like this: "resolve.exe cfgmgr32.dll", this one I was not able to fix. I was able to go back to 16 and now everything is working okay. I think my problem is that I am still running Windows 7, SP1, and maybe this new version is not compatible. One of these days will upgrade to new CPU and Win10.

My specs:

Intel i7-3960X @ 3.30GHz
RAM 64GB (I know, overkill)
Card: GTX980
It is possible to run Resolve 17 on Windows 7, look here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member