DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DevTools, sport+, editing parameters?

BobDoLe

Reactions
Is there no thread on this for the Mavic Air?

Vertical Speed: 21.9mph - a really fast takeoff is really what I was after.

VideoCapture_20181026-110242.jpg

But I'd also like a faster descent... I want it to plummet like a rock.
I adjusted that parameter as well as tilt (horizontal speed)... but none of those seem to work?
The Mavic Air just goes default max speeds for descent and horizontal movement.
Am I missing something?

Has anyone tried NLD software? Does it overcome what I'm unable to do with DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2 in DevTools mode?

Hello. I have never used the NLD and only use assintant 1.1.2 to adjust the parameters of the MA when MA has fw .400. But when update the latest fw. (500), the parameters after adjustment is no longer effective

You cannot rollback 500.

NLD 's purpose is to be a simplified interface for people who can't/don't want to figure out how to do stuff manually with the published tools and howtos, not much more. But that's as usual the vast majority of people.

I have the same issue.. speed is not increasing in Sport+ Mode.

Is there another limiting parameter in the firmware?

I think the Mavic is limited due to measured GPS Speed...

Only in case of sinking and full throttle with a little bit of wind makes the Air faster...

Any ideas for speeding up the little Air?
wait until hacks are released? it was rooted ages ago...
or just go get a mavic pro for dirt cheap and run that on old firmware...

i recommend both.

Thanks for your reply...

When it was rooted ages ago, why there are no hacks released?

Sorry for my poor English I am a little bit rusty on that language.

Thanks for your reply...

When it was rooted ages ago, why there are no hacks released?

Sorry for my poor English I am a little bit rusty on that language.
i think its because dji is quick to patch it. from what i've gathered, the mavic air operating system is a unique piece of work

Last edited:
i think its because dji is quick to patch it. from what i've gathered, the mavic air operating system is a unique piece of work
It is not true, nothing gets pached, otherwise you could just keep airplane mode all the time.

Also it wasn't rooted, people was able to get root access to it, but it required hardware mod.

Why no mods are made? I *think* they used same security as modern android devices, bootloader is read only, it checks if kernel is signed with DJI keys (so modded kernel won't run) kernel checks that filesystem (or partitition) blocks have checksum matching one signed with above DJI keys. So if you change anything it simply will not run.

Hi guys, did you find your way to get down quicker ?

With mine (latest Go4 & firmwares) & value changes in Assistant but not with the max values, I have this :

Horizontal : 69.5 km/h (43mph) (tilt_atti 50)
Vertical up : 29.5 km/h (18mph) (vert_vel_up +8)
Vertical down : 20 km/h (12mph) (vert_vel_down -8) but there is another value that I don't understand, it's the vert_vel_down_adding_max :-/

What are your results ?

Last edited:
I think nobody will be faster than stock. I think it is GPS limited.

In Atti Mode it could be possible to go faster than 43mph.

I think nobody will be faster than stock. I think it is GPS limited.

In Atti Mode it could be possible to go faster than 43mph.

a11309688-129-Screenshot_20181030-163114.jpg

This speed is pretty consistent unless wind is gusting against pretty hard. I've hit over 55mph but that was using wind to give a little push.
I thought it was faster than my mavic pro, but I've since hit 59mph with the mavic pro.

... It does require ver_vel_down_adding_max of something like "-4" value
That value will give you a nice 20mph+ plummet

Ok, but you also went down with your Mavic.

Pure horizontal speed won‘t be faster than stock. You also have to edit some more parameters for increasing horizontal speed, but the question is which ones???

I got ver_vel_down_adding_max of -10. Without pushing (or flying) down, the speed is still the same than stock. Also I modded tilt_Atti_Range to 55 which looks very cool, but it is not faster....

Anybody ideas of some more parameters to mod for increasing speed?

In the picture you see how I modded:

IMG_5418.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5418.JPG
    IMG_5418.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 72
Nothing for Mavic Air right now and the Mavic 2 has nfz removal now (but no altitude limit removal) . NLD has a $1k+ bounty out on the Mavic Air... Waiting patiently for starving hackers

Reactions: Rafapum
Hello,

I have mavic air with latest firmware. Can I change some parameters usind dji assistant 2 ? and How ?

ps : first, I need to set NON_DJI BATTERY MODE.

thanks,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78