DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Problems - Advice Sought

goldwein

Reactions
I am looking for advice. I sent my Mavic Pro in for its first Refresh a couple of weeks ago. The damage included 2 broken Platinum (low noise) propellers that were purchased at the advice of sales in the DJI Flagship store in Hong Kong.

DJI has refused to replace the blades, citing an exclusion (modification accessories) from the image below which they included in their response. The red box was their highlight.
XzgSTpqB99NuqMIpII05UqlzMXphGiS5-kUg7ieyGpceaUMnaQBhrtIyDdCsSF_dAF5Isup7bXQC56viGaOhEqC_aTSy5FViaJ2LQpBBxQ_PRLUSAcYs9PYM26eqbcXzLL1Ed1O6ZSJJR3r8cvm65wG5lT0=s0-d-e1-ft
In contrast, the exclusions in "DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement" I received from DJI has no such exclusions. My agreement states:
3. Exclusions
The service does not cover:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.
4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries
and charger.
11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.​

I have tried to escalate this inside DJI to no avail, and even though we are only talking about $10, I think this is wrong and am looking for advice.

Also, if anyone from DJI is reading this, please help a very good customer who feels they have been wronged.

Thanks!!

The DJI Care Refresh FAQ states the props can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh. See more details here.

Yes but DJI claimed the platinum props were a mod, plus there was no “mod” exclusion in the agreement.

Sorry but this is like ,, you get a new car on the dealer, you installed new wheels , not factory wheels

Yes but DJI claimed the platinum props were a mod, plus there was no “mod” exclusion in the agreement.
Ah. That's correct since you were flying a Mavic Pro. It looks like you're going to have to pay for that one out of your pocket.

This is not correct ... if you were not allowed to use these props why was the MP firmware updated with code for the use of these props ??

DJI issued the updated the firmware ........

if you were not allowed to use these props why was the MP firmware updated with code for the use of these props?
It doesn't seem to be a case of what's allowed to be used. The problem is that the OP wasn't using the original equipment -- and now wants that equipment replaced on DJI's dime. According to DJI's policy (and what they told the OP), they will only replace original equipment.

Reactions: Anthony
Sorry, but that policy was not stated in the Agreement.
Unfortunately, all we can do here is show you what is actually stated on DJI's website. Whether or not you read that and/or understood it before purchasing it is something you'll have to discuss with DJI. They seldom help customers here, so you'll be better off by reaching out to them directly.

I get the process, you are asking for something that is special processing.
Something they do not have the structure to easily process.
Typical response is denied.
At this point they hope you give up and and quit your request.
There policy is possibly OK to deny you but not good customer service.
At a couple of bucks difference it up to you to decide if it's worth messing with this.
Personally I hope you do pursue the prop replacement.

your complaining about $10?
ok

Just curious if you had installed third party accessories, such as prop guards or a battery for example, would you expect those to be replaced by refresh, as well?

Just curious if you had installed third party accessories, such as prop guards or a battery for example, would you expect those to be replaced by refresh, as well?
No for Pro Guards, yes for DJI battery. According to the Agreement:

"Replacement Service

DJI Care Refresh is created by SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or "DJI") to give you peace of mind. DJI promises to provide replacement products if damage occurs accidentally under normal use toa covered aircraft, gimbal camera, battery and propellers within the period of validity. DJI has a relationship with an insurance company that covers the cost of these programs."

I sent my mavic in too with 2 cracked “platinum” after-markets. They called me during repair and said they could only replace standard propellers. I found this an expected/acceptable procedure.

While I may agree that this is not good costumer service, I can see their argument being technically correct.

Not worth spending time trying to collect $10

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3