DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI: Faulty battery? We’ll sell you another — full price

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest1231

Gotta love those Communists. One of my five Mavic Pro batteries had terminal cell failure yesterday. It’s been used fewer than 15 times. I requested a replacement after reading advice to a similarly-affected pilot on this forum.

DJI’s response:

“No worries, we will provide you with the best support possible! We will just replace it with a new one by charging you as [?] the price of a new battery.“

No price or shipping time quoted. Thanks for nothing. DJI stands by its batteries, but for no more than six months, they now tell me. I’ve never seen that little detail cited anywhere. Mine is slightly over that threshold but it’s had excellent care, never been subject to extreme temps or other environmental challenges or physical mistreatment, and always recharged with DJI gear.

DJI claims they’re good for at least 200 charging cycles. Mine had fewer than 25 — tops. DigiKey’s Battery Life Calculator estimates a 233-hour lifespan for batteries with DJI’s specs. My battery performed worse than those cheap, Chinese replica camera batteries Amazon sells — and, apparently, as DJI does with official Mavic batteries from its company store.

Battery Life Calculator | DigiKey Electronics

DJI wormed its way out of a controller replacement for a missing multi-function button and I own two complete Magic Pro kits. So much for customer loyalty. DJI fooled me twice. Shame on me, but no more. Time for our president to smack DJI with stiff tariffs and give U.S. drone manufacturing, and customers, a break.

BUYER BEWARE

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
A battery could have been left at 100% charge for months on end

I thought the self-discharge mode should preclude that, unless the battery is deliberately abused by continually resetting it or recharging it without a proper discharge cycle?

then I would expect the aforementioned Communists could tell that sort of abuse from analysis of the logs on the failed battery.

Last edited:
Sounds like you dont need FIVE batteries anyway. If in all that time you only used this battery 15 times.
Do you store them on a fancy charger for months while not in rotation?
Was this battery involved in a crash?

Gotta love those Communists. One of my five Mavic Pro batteries had terminal cell failure yesterday. It’s been used fewer than 15 times. I requested a replacement after reading advice to a similarly-affected pilot on this forum.

DJI’s response:

“No worries, we will provide you with the best support possible! We will just replace it with a new one by charging you as [?] the price of a new battery.“

No price or shipping time quoted. Thanks for nothing. DJI stands by its batteries, but for no more than six months, they now tell me. I’ve never seen that little detail cited anywhere. Mine is slightly over that threshold but it’s had excellent care, never been subject to extreme temps or other environmental challenges or physical mistreatment, and always recharged with DJI gear.

DJI claims they’re good for at least 200 charging cycles. Mine had fewer than 25 — tops. DigiKey’s Battery Life Calculator estimates a 233-hour lifespan for batteries with DJI’s specs. My battery performed worse than those cheap, Chinese replica camera batteries Amazon sells — and, apparently, as DJI does with official Mavic batteries from its company store.

DJI wormed its way out of a controller replacement for a missing multi-function button and I own two complete Magic Pro kits. So much for customer loyalty. DJI fooled me twice. Shame on me, but no more. Time for our president to smack DJI with stiff tariffs and give U.S. drone manufacturing, and customers, a break.

BUYER BEWARE

DJI’s response:

BUYER BEWARE

Was that all they said, or did they clarify that's what they really meant? The sentence doesn't make much sense as it stands - I wonder if they meant "credit you the price of a new battery".

By [?] I think they mean % -- i.e., they will prorate, which is a common practice among battery vendors.

could it be the OP used it 15 times, then kept it storage for 6 months fully depleted? maybe that's what killed the battery.

Sounds like you dont need FIVE batteries anyway. If in all that time you only used this battery 15 times.
Do you store them on a fancy charger for months while not in rotation?
Was this battery involved in a crash?

Neither. And I see nothing wrong with having five batteries on hand for a long shoot day, whether or not they’re used.

could it be the OP used it 15 times, then kept it storage for 6 months fully depleted? maybe that's what killed the battery.

Nope. Love all these hypothetical scenarios cooked up by DJI apologists.

Reactions: Peio64270
These April fools day posts are cracking me up!! :D
flipping mavic airs, Buying mavics to chase woodpeckers, and rage over no free warranty extensions.... Priceless!

Perhaps next time you'll acquaint yourself with warranties on items you're returning before having a hissy fit.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

https://asset1.djicdn.com/assets/mobile/warranty_policies_3_en-9dd27c7002374634f97f9f8c1ed1dba9.png

DJI doesn’t make these policies easily discoverable (just like author Flawless, who blocks other Forum members from viewing his profile). DJI chose to not cite these dense, obscure policies in my support request for future reference. Good luck hunting down DJI Easter eggs on Easter Sunday. “Hissy fit” indeed.

DJI doesn’t make these policies easily discoverable (just like author Flawless, who blocks other Forum members from viewing his profile). DJI chose to not cite these dense, obscure policies in my support request for future reference. Good luck hunting down DJI Easter eggs on Easter Sunday. “Hissy fit” indeed.
I can see his profile just fine.... Maybe you are doing that wrong too?

Was that all they said, or did they clarify that's what they really meant? The sentence doesn't make much sense as it stands - I wonder if they meant "credit you the price of a new battery".

That would make sense too.

Sadly, I don’t believe it’s the case. Here’s the full test of that paragraph. Bracketed question mark is mine....

“If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as [?] the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.”

I suspect English is a secondary language for this support agent.

Reactions: doni55
I can see his profile just fine.... Maybe you are doing that wrong too?

It’s there now. First access attempt produced a message saying the user places restrictions on who can view his profile. No profile pop up.

I’ve made my points. End of discussion. Happy Easter to all — including those who delight in exhibiting their trolling predilections.

Sadly, I don’t believe it’s the case. Here’s the full test of that paragraph. Bracketed question mark is mine....

“If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as [?] the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.”

I suspect English is a secondary language for this support agent.

Right - that is clearer than the response that you posted earlier. So is it out of warranty (6 months)?

And the warranty periods are clearly stated on the DJI website under "Support" in the footer of every web page, at the link posted above in #2. I'm not sure that it is fair to say that they are not easily discoverable.

Your post basically read: my warranty expired, don't buy DJI ever.

That's a hissy fit over a trivial matter.

The warranty is plain to see by typing "dji warranty" into Google.

My profile hasn't been set to private in any way.

It’s there now. First access attempt produced a message saying the user places restrictions on who can view his profile. No profile pop up.

I’ve made my points. End of discussion. Happy Easter to all — including those who delight in exhibiting their trolling predilections.

So... I had my profile private, and then suddenly changed it when you brought it up?

Nobody here is trolling. We're being honest. Can a mod confirm for OP that my profile wasn't altered? (But... what if this conspiracy goes all the way... to the top?!)

(Still not trolling, just taking the piss out of OP's little tantrum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett