DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini pro 3 + flight simulator?

firstklaas

Reactions
I had a Mavic Air 2 and was dissapointed it was not supported in the DJI Flight Simulator. I lost my drone but still own the controller.

If i would buy the DJI mini pro 3 with the Smart Controller, would I be able to use the Mini 3 Pro in the DJI Flight Simulator?

And would I be able to use my DJI-RC-N1 controller with apps like Dronelink & Litchi?

@firstklaas ,you would need to contact DJI to find that out i suspect ,and the term Smart Controller is somewhat misleading when referring to the new dji rc that comes with the mini 3
yes it does look very similar in design to the smart controller,but in reality it is a lightened version with less specs ,and for now its only compatible with the Mini 3 ,but what it does really well ,is to allow people to enjoy the benefits of the built in screen,and ease of set up ,at a price that is more affordable than the smart controller

Reactions: Rchawks
I had a Mavic Air 2 and was dissapointed it was not supported in the DJI Flight Simulator. I lost my drone but still own the controller.

If i would buy the DJI mini pro 3 with the Smart Controller, would I be able to use the Mini 3 Pro in the DJI Flight Simulator?

And would I be able to use my DJI-RC-N1 controller with apps like Dronelink & Litchi?
1. No (BTW NOT a smart controller). The RC Pro and RC-N1 aren't even supported... The DJI Flight Simulator hasn't been updated in forever.
2. Not an issue with the RC-N1. For the M3P drone, only after DJI releases the sdk for the M3P and Dronelink and/or Litchi update their software.

Dj62

2022/9/11 GMT+8 00:49
Initial email sent to DJI Support
Message: I have downloaded and installed the flight simulator. It is recognized in the DJI Assistant app, but I can not get the DJI Conroller to be recognized in the simulator app. I do not understand why the controller I spent over 1000 dollars does not work. It seems the Mavic series is supported but not DJI Mini 3 Pro. Please let me know what I need to do. I have searched the forums with no answer. Thank you

Their response

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting DJI Support, this is Spenth, how are you today?

the DJI Mini 3 Pro remote controller (DJI RC-N1 or DJI RC) does not support the DJI Flight Simulator.

My response to their response.

Thank you for your quick response.

How ever I consider this to be a non-answer,

The answer should be “We are currently in the process of revising/upgrading the Flight Simulator to work with your DJI RC Pro.

I paid a lot of money to ensure I was buying the best drone on the market. Instead I am being told; no you purchased the wrong one; we don’t support it.
Instead you are telling me to spend more money on a different controller if I want to use the simulator.

The DJI Smart Controller can be found on line for a price between 600 to 900 dollars.

My mistake was purchasing the wrong drone.

I like it and will learn to use it without the ability to use the Flight Simulator.

I will be looking for a different brand for my next drone purchase.

Disappointing.

PS You really should proof read you documentation before you publish it on line.

Since then I have used drone simulators on Steam Liftoff and DRL Drone. Purchased Zephyr and FPVFreerider, more out there.

You bought the best drone to fly IN THE REAL WORLD. The flight sim is just a bad video game. You'll be okay to leave your house and enjoy some fresh air (I'm stuck at work so I can't do either). Or get an FPV since there's now sim support with the release of the Avata.

My mistake was purchasing the wrong drone.

I will be looking for a different brand for my next drone

Since then I have used drone simulators on Steam Liftoff and DRL Drone. Purchased Zephyr and FPVFreerider, more out there.
If you were looking for a flight sim, then yes, you bought the wrong drone

Before telling a company how they should respond to your questions, you should perhaps be familiar with the product you are purchasing. Would be like buying a car without cruise control and then complaining to the car manufacturer that your car does not have cruise control

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
I think this program stopped being updated in 2019, so I don't think anything more recent is supported.
The last controler supported by DJI Flight Simulator was the one of the Mini 1 (which I bough second hand for around $20), and the most recent drone that you can select to fly in the program is the Mavic 2 Zoom. No Mavic Airs or Minis.

If you were looking for a flight sim, then yes, you bought the wrong drone

Before telling a company how they should respond to your questions, you should perhaps be familiar with the product you are purchasing. Would be like buying a car without cruise control and then complaining to the car manufacturer that your car does not have cruise control
Exactly.
It makes no sense to buy a drone to use a simulator, that's like buying a car so that you can drive that car on Gran Turismo 7. The simulator is free, anyone can download and play it and see for yourself what drones are available to choose, there's no need to buy a drone, you would only need a controller, so just need to check what controllers are supported, there is even some Xbox controller supported

Exactly.
It makes no sense to buy a drone to use a simulator, that's like buying a car so that you can drive that car on Gran Turismo 7. The simulator is free, anyone can download and play it and see for yourself what drones are available to choose, there's no need to buy a drone, you would only need a controller, so just need to check what controllers are supported, there is even some Xbox controller supported
I feel like this needs addressing. I'm an FPV pilot and in our realm you ABSOLUTELY use a simulator first. It is crucial to get hundreds of crashes in for free before risking the drone. I understand GPS pilots have it a lot easier but I'm not about to give a $1000 drone to my wife and tell her good luck. Simulators help build muscle memory and spatial awareness for free with no risk to our hard earned money. To poo poo it as you have is just ignorance

Reactions: BirdMania
I feel like this needs addressing. I'm an FPV pilot and in our realm you ABSOLUTELY use a simulator first. It is crucial to get hundreds of crashes in for free before risking the drone. I understand GPS pilots have it a lot easier but I'm not about to give a $1000 drone to my wife and tell her good luck. Simulators help build muscle memory and spatial awareness for free with no risk to our hard earned money. To poo poo it as you have is just ignorance
Well, the topic isn't about FPV drones now is it?

Reactions: AnzacJack
I think you grossly misunderstood.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Wouldn’t that be the same as flying the thing from your phone in the controller, or is standing actually considered a real sport now lol

You should try it, I flew drones for years and years with my phone in the controller, back in December bought just a cheapo headset that holds your phone in it, haven’t flown any other way since. Thought it was always lame until I tried it, it’s awesome, just like a wrap around visual flight simulator, you should really give it a shot, may change your mind.

I did consider buying one last year, almost did, but the youtube vids showed how noisy and loud it was. Then along came the Avata , but I've already purchased a M3P, so I'll wait a bit longer maybe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78