DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

baddog

Reactions
Site
www.drone-scapes.com
I lost my drone in the Outer Banks in N.C. back in late April. I lost connection, screen froze and I lost sight of drone behind sand dune. Last known location was 50 yards off shore. I could not retrieve. So I could not use my DJI Care Refresh.

DJI had me upload flight logs and they determined that I did nothing wrong a d offered me a 30% off coupon towards a drone only model. So I still had to come up with $531.00 for the replacement, which at that moment I did not have the funds. I finally had a client pay me for a a job I did and I went right into the DJI store and attempted to purchase the new Mavic Pro only model, punched in my coupon code and would you freaking know it, the *** thing expired 3 days earlier.

I contacted DJI and after being bounced around for an hour to different help desks, I was told my case was being renewed with this new information. About 4 hours later, I received this weak *** response. DJI blows as far a customer support. I guess they don't have to worry about pissing off the individual, little guys when you're as big as DJI. Not much else I can do I guess, except keep saving to get a replacement.

"Hi David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would really like to thank you for your patronage in our products.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.
This will be hard for me to inform you, but the coupon code is only valid for one month and the coupon code cannot be renewed once it has expired.

I understand that no words can comfort you with this incident, but we will also need your kind understanding for this situation.

Your patience and kind understanding are greatly appreciated.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support"

Reactions: Chirp
Now that's ballsy to send you a survey after refusing their coupon. Perhaps you could elevate the issue, but I haven't a clue how or who to. You might have an argument if the coupon did not have an expiration date on it. Good Luck!

DJI in a nutshell here:

Thank you for being a customer. As a loyal customer we are going to offer you a coupon, but we won’t tell you it expires in 30 days, just so we can **** with you. We’re not going to bother renewing your coupon for getting a replacement drone, despite the loss not being your fault. But hey, please do take our customer satisfaction survey we will send to you as a follow up. Your opinion is important to us.

Have never got a coupon so just asking, do they not have the date it's good for on it ?

Go on their official forums and complain. I hate being that guy and I’m sure you do as well but sometimes it’s warranted. It may help or it may not but I know their moderators can assist with escalating issues. Be respectful and reasonable and hopefully someone at DJI will see past the dollar signs to help a “valued” customer.

You were probably shot down by the NPS since it’s pretty much all National Seashore out there.

JK, sucks you lost it.

Good luck.

I admit it sucks however, DJI provided you with a coupon and I’m guessing the terms of such were printed on the front. If you haven’t already torn it up and thrown it out, upload a copy and let us see if whether or not they didn’t make it clearly visible.

Reactions: Gizmo and dirkclod
To all,

It was NOT an actual printed coupon it was an email that I received from DJI with the coupon code in it. I had the order in my car ready to go. As soon as I had the $531 to make the purchase, i hit checkout. Yup, exactly 2 days after expectation listen the body of the text of the email. I actually thought i read 60 days. That is on me, for sure. But really...how could it hurt them in any way to let me slide on this. It's just good business.

But it was my fault for not paying closer attention to the text in the original message.

I am in an active negotiation with DJI right now. They contacted me yesterday, I will post the outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCURRIER
Come on man, let you slide because you didn't read....Then let everybody slide .
Hate you messed up and I see where their support gives lots a hard time but now
all I see is a uncalled for rant.
Best to ya and me gone .

Not ranting or I would have used harsher language, so calm the blank down.

DJI admitted that I did nothing wrong according to flight logs but since I could not retrieve the drone, my DJI care refresh was useless. This i believe was a hardware malfunction but without drone I cannot prove it.

I thought maybe DJI would indeed cut me some slack, it was only 2 days and i did not happen to have $500 just laying around, so I saved up the money until I could. If the coupon code was...say 30 day expired, erc.... I could see tha, but 2 days, in my opinion I am not asking for a hand out. It was an honest mistake...but oh well
Hide quoted text

Reactions: Soonerdrone

DJI admitted that I did nothing wrong according to flight logs but since I could not retrieve the drone, my DJI care refresh was useless. This i believe was a hardware malfunction but without drone I cannot prove it.

I thought maybe DJI would indeed cut me some slack, it was only 2 days and i did not happen to have $500 just laying around, so I saved up the money until I could. If the coupon code was...say 30 day expired, erc.... I could see tha, but 2 days, in my opinion I am not asking for a hand out. It was an honest mistake...but oh well
Hide quoted text
I think not and not nothing for me to calm down on . You messed up and thats just the way it works. Or does here .
And yes you are asking them for a hand out .

Well that's your opinion and your welcome to it. So in your world there is no leeway, that's too bad.

But like I said I am in negotiations with DJI now so we will see how it goes....

Regards

Reactions: Soonerdrone
Come on man, let you slide because you didn't read....Then let everybody slide .
Hate you messed up and I see where their support gives lots a hard time but now
all I see is a uncalled for rant.
Best to ya and me gone .
why should the coupon even have an expiration date,dji will make money from selling another drone and putting a time limit isnt just bad business,its plain stupid.

Hide quoted text
I think not and not nothing for me to calm down on . You messed up and thats just the way it works. Or does here .
And yes you are asking them for a hand out .
Nothing wrong with asking. Who cares if it is (or is not) a handout - or if it's just viewed as a handout by others. That's a heaping pile of "so what". It doesn't affect anyone - at all. Not sure why anyone would care.

Reactions: Domino
Nothing wrong with asking. Who cares if it is (or is not) a handout - or if it's just viewed as a handout by others. That's a heaping pile of "so what". It doesn't affect anyone - at all. Not sure why anyone would care.
thats just it,it isnt a handout,by offering a 30% discount their admitting some fault and anyone thinking its a handout should just shhsh

When they admit fault they replace your machine. The 30% coupons are just easing the pill when you got unlucky, and they come with the conditions he did not read properly.
Losing connection is often not a fault, it's just a risk of using such machines, which has to be expected and can be mitigated through proper procedures.

And yes, if you let it slide once you'll then have people screaming outrageously that they should also let it slide for them, so you don't and stick to the rules.

Reactions: dirkclod
If it was called a “gift” as I have seen in other threads that shared the letter from DJI, It would not be outrageous to expect no expiration. Just like any other gift certificate. But it always pays to read the fine print!

But really...how could it hurt them in any way to let me slide on this. It's just good business.

But it was my fault for not paying closer attention to the text in the original message.

I am in an active negotiation with DJI right now. They contacted me yesterday, I will post the outcome.

While we all agree it is not DJI's error, I agree that it would really not be an issue for them to extend this another 30 days if asked. It is how companies with good service operate... they throw customers a bone especially when it costs them nothing. What they gain in return is a customer retention as well as good PR. Cost to them, $0.

Amazon gave me 30 days to return an item. I was in the middle of a remodel and sent it back at 60 days. I don't understand the time frame but the day after I put it in the mail, they credited my account.

thats just it,it isnt a handout,by offering a 30% discount their admitting some fault and anyone thinking its a handout should just shhsh
I'd not agree that it is an admission of fault. It's DJI's initial attempt at good customer service. They want to maintain their customer base. See this as an admission of fault is why some companies simply play hardball and don't offer anything to help their customers out.

Reactions: Kilrah
this is one of many reasons i hope autel or another steps up and puts company's like this in their place.,to give a coupon and without considering some may need time to gather 5-6 hundred dollars ,,extend the coupon a few days and make money and a happy customer,its a win win for dji

Reactions: zwt100
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS