DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller......New Firmware Again...V01.00.0880

I installed.40. Screwed up my drones location on map it was 12 to twenty feet off. Went back to 38. No problems 4 batteries today no problems.
.40 is solid for me. No issues at all with several flights completed.

For me yes.
Its a smaller screen but one i can actually see in bright sunlight as opposed to hide in shade (if there is any) or with a towel on my head.
I can also be flying within 20 seconds, no messing with clamps, mounts, cables, tablets, loading apps and so on. This means i generally do more flying as its less faff.

Very good battery life for multiple flights.

I do wish it had a bigger screen though. And the DJI survey they sent out last month asked multiple times about larger screen options so i guess they're considering it.
thank I hope I win the lottery lol

Update seemed to go well, flew a few sorties without fail after updating. Besides bug fixes what else did the update accomplish?

When i try to update, it always stucks on 16% and finally I receive an error code 0x02. And again and again.
Anyone could help me on this?

Last edited:
When i try to update, it always stucks on 16% and finally I receive an error code 0x02. And again and again.
I am sorry I can't help you but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I have been trying to upgrade to 0880 for almost 3 weeks now without success - I have tried direct on the SC and also using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic probably in the vicinity of 15 - 20 attempts. The latest offering from DJI Support via the Vendor I purchased the SC from was to make sure I had a compatible SD card installed before attempting to use Assistant 2 for Mavic. for the upgrade. This contradicts a number of Forum members who have suggested you should make sure the SD card is removed. It has got to the stage with me that I have requested a return for refund from the Vendor but they are in a word "stalling" telling me I have to have a "Reference Number" from DJI Support before they can consider my request --- but that is a completely different ball game that I won't burden you with. I made an earlier post on the Forum regarding my problems but unfortunately did not get any response. I sincerely hope you manage to get some help and solve your situation. All The Best To You

I dont read the whole thread but, did you try resetting to factory your SC, disabling the WiFi, Display set to non sleep before the upgrade?

The latest offering from DJI Support via the Vendor I purchased the SC from was to make sure I had a compatible SD card installed before attempting to use Assistant 2 for Mavic. for the upgrade. This contradicts a number of Forum members who have suggested you should make sure the SD card is removed.
SDCard is out always, even though DJI says they fixed that. As long as you have "over 3 Gig" free in main memory (As listed in update) you should have zero issues. If you can't do it OTA like so many, then try Asst.2 for mavic (latest release.) See post above :) Except disabling Wifi if your doing OTA obviously. Always remember if you try once and fail, you more often than not have to manually go in a clear cache or files, so after one fail the other 19 attempts were for nothing if you didn't bother to do that. Next is below to correct your errors if you don't have skill set to clear your own memory and cache. I suspect yours is a onboard memory error though just from prior posts.

IF it fails then, factory reset (last resort) make sure you keep any files you want first (Sure you know that), If it fails after all of these it's a return.

Last edited:
See post above. :)

SDCard is out always, even though DJI says they fixed that. As long as you have "over 3 Gig" free in main memory (As listed in update) you should have zero issues. If you can't do it OTA like so many, then try Asst.2 for mavic (latest release.) See post above :) Except disabling Wifi if your doing OTA obviously. Always remember if you try once and fail, you more often than not have to manually go in a clear cache or files, so after one fail the other 19 attempts were for nothing if you didn't bother to do that. Next is below to correct your errors if you don't have skill set to clear your own memory and cache. I suspect yours is a onboard memory error though just from prior posts.

IF it fails then, factory reset (last resort) make sure you keep any files you want first (Sure you know that), If it fails after all of these it's a return.
After contacting DJI online Support and being asked if I had a SD card inserted and informing him that I had tried with and without a SD card and still encountered many many failures. He then advised me to do a Factory Data Reset and try again. Did so and at loooooooong last it came up with the message "New Version Available" and I was able to successfully complete the Upgrade to 0880 OTA.
I am extremely grateful for any and all advice given to me on this Forum but with absolute respect to the advisors sometimes the advice given appears to take for granted that the person asking for the help has the expertise/knowledge that they have and once again with due respect they sometimes seen a little intolerant of anyone who does not have that equivalent level . It would be great if when advising "Always remember if you try once and fail, you more often than not have to manually go in a clear cache or files, " if an elaboration of "how to" was included. I realize this is asking a lot but I am sure people like myself who are absolute "novices" will be eternally grateful. Thank you for your anticipated understanding and tolerance
Just by the way my successful upgrade was effected without a SD card inserted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99