DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI support have advised me that new firmware will be released soon, to fix soft focus :/

My brand new Mavic also has blurred corners and edges, and DJI has acknowledged it as a flaw and will swap the Mavic for a new unit. I'm currently waiting for the UPS shipping label. Hope the German service is quick...

Did you guys pack all the accessories along with the drone when returning it? The instructions I received were ambiguous on that.

Maik

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Keep all accessories and the battery unless the battery also has an issue.

Yeah I'm hoping they can help bring down the shutter speed for decent vids - you are having success with these filters?
I will get TACO as you mention they can be left on without a gimbal problem on start-up which is very cool.

Well as I'm in the UK the sun is pretty rare here at the moment although I think they are helping some.. This was from a few days ago, just as a test, it was a pretty grey day but this was taken with an ND8 filter on. :)

Reactions: Wacker2611
Considering the crap light I think that looks really good. And that was a very smooth pan Pete, were you using Litchi for that or were you flying manually?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pedro
Well as I'm in the UK the sun is pretty rare here at the moment although I think they are helping some.. This was from a few days ago, just as a test, it was a pretty grey day but this was taken with an ND8 filter on. :)

Very nice Pete - slow steady pans VERY overcast indeed. I'd love to open by flying along the top of those cliffs & along the sea wall - great place to shoot! Makes a change from jungle.......lol. What settings you used? 1080P 30fps ( what I use ) 30fps seems to be the sweet spot for smooth slow panning. Hate having to compress from either 4K or 2.7K I'm an 'OLD' geezer too - laughed at that one by the way...........NOT!
Just ordered the same filters - kinda sad that the Mavic cant compensate for bright sunshine straight outta the box but hey it's a compromise & I LOVE flying this thing don't you?

Thanks. That was 4k 30fps, D-Cinelike, +1,+1,+1 with a little post.

My trusty old i5-2500K at 4.5ghz and HD7970 are really struggling with 4K though, I think that took about 2 hours to render. I can see a new PC popping up on the radar soon. :)

Thanks. That was 4k 30fps, D-Cinelike, +1,+1,+1 with a little post.

My trusty old i5-2500K at 4.5ghz and HD7970 are really struggling with 4K though, I think that took about 2 hours to render. I can see a new PC popping up on the radar soon. :)
Yeah I know right! I mostly work out of my laptop - loads of processing RAM etc but yeah the 4K ( who has that ?) - always somewhere to be out in the middle of nowhere so having laptop & Mavic is ideal for the kind of work I do. Keep in touch buddy
Paul

Fantastic! Really enjoyed that. What were your focus settings and practices?

Thanks. :)

For the first clip, I took off, flew over the cliff, tap focused on the ground, flew back and then started again, I don't recall touching focus after that in that clip. The second clip I tapped half way along the cliffs and the last clip was a tap on the ground.

You may have noticed the blurry area bottom right at 5:35 onwards. :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002