DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone options

TwoSticks

Reactions
Let me ask you guys a general question. I know it's up to me, my preferences, my use cases but I would like to hear some thoughts.
I have the Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, and the Avata. I like each of them for different reasons. I have ordered the Mavic 3 Pro.
Now, I could keep all 4 but realistically I cant say I will make full use of all 4.

Here is where I am looking for thoughts. Knowing what I have available what would you do? Keep in mind I really should sell at least 1, maybe 2. Dont have to, I could get by, but really I'm not going to get the full use from each. This is currently just a hobby even though I have a license.

I have 3 options in mind but dont want to direct the discussion so I will share as I go if anyone cares to share input.

Reactions: Torque
I think I would keep them all. For my primary bird, currently the M3C I keep a back up, the M2P in case of down time. That's my flying camera. I have a mini 2 that I dink around with on occasion. Easier to grab and go. If I had an Avanta I would want to keep it just for the FPV experience.

Let me ask you guys a general question. I know it's up to me, my preferences, my use cases but I would like to hear some thoughts.
I have the Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, and the Avata. I like each of them for different reasons. I have ordered the Mavic 3 Pro.
Now, I could keep all 4 but realistically I cant say I will make full use of all 4.

Here is where I am looking for thoughts. Knowing what I have available what would you do? Keep in mind I really should sell at least 1, maybe 2. Dont have to, I could get by, but really I'm not going to get the full use from each. This is currently just a hobby even though I have a license.

I have 3 options in mind but dont want to direct the discussion so I will share as I go if anyone cares to share input.
I would probably sell the mavic 3 classic as the mavic 3 pro will check all the boxes.

I would probably sell the mavic 3 classic as the mavic 3 pro will check all the boxes.
I thought about that. I also wondered if I would prefer to have the M3C over the Mini 3 Pro. The mini is unique in that its small, quieter, lighter, has a camera that will do portrait mode, etc but at the end of the day its not the same as the Mavic 3C but letting the 3C go would leave me where I am today but with an upgraded Mavic. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Mr. B and Torque
I think I would keep them all. For my primary bird, currently the M3C I keep a back up, the M2P in case of down time. That's my flying camera. I have a mini 2 that I dink around with on occasion. Easier to grab and go. If I had an Avanta I would want to keep it just for the FPV experience.
I have thought of keep each. More so I dont have to deal with the sale and I dont like giving 15% to the sale process and selling for less than retail. It would help pay for the replacement but a hassle. Thanks for the input.

I have thought of keep each. More so I dont have to deal with the sale and I dont like giving 15% to the sale process and selling for less than retail. It would help pay for the replacement but a hassle. Thanks for the input.
I don't like selling things. Constant calls with questions. Constant attempts to negotiate. So far I have plenty of interested children and grandchildren to gift this type of equipment to and it goes to good use. I love the hobby and love sharing it with them.

Not sure I see the value in keeping the M3 Classic when you're getting a Pro?
The only reason I was thinking was to use it in place of the Mini but I agree. If I sell one, pretty sure I will, it will be the Classic and I will keep the Mini as my compact travel drone which is mostly what it does now. I keep it in a backpack and carry it on flights.

I would sell the M2P and keep both Mavic 3's. Then you have full, compatibility with all of your RC'S.
Also, I have 2 big birds as well, If i had to sell one to add another, I'd keep the better one.

Last edited:
I would sell the M2P and keep both Mavic 3's. Then you have full, compatibility with all of your RC'S.
Also, I have 2 big birds as well, If i had to sell one to add another, I'd keep the better one.
Sorry, no M2P. It’s Avata, Mavic 3 Classic, and Mini 3 Pro. All work with the two RC and RC Pro I have already and will be getting another with the Mavic 3 Pro.

Sorry, no M2P. It’s Avata, Mavic 3 Classic, and Mini 3 Pro. All work with the two RC and RC Pro I have already and will be getting another with the Mavic 3 Pro.
Right, sorry I mixed-up post number 2.
That's a tough choice. All 3 have their own unique abilities, which I wouldn't want to lose, so, since you you will still have a Mavic 3, sell the Classic.

The only reason I was thinking was to use it in place of the Mini but I agree. If I sell one, pretty sure I will, it will be the Classic and I will keep the Mini as my compact travel drone which is mostly what it does now. I keep it in a backpack and carry it on flights.
Yes... that makes sense, and what I was thinking.

Right, sorry I mixed-up post number 2.
That's a tough choice. All 3 have their own unique abilities, which I wouldn't want to lose, so, since you you will still have a Mavic 3, sell the Classic.
Not seeing the unique ability the Mavic 3 Classic brings to the table once a Mavic 3 Pro is included.

Not seeing the unique ability the Mavic 3 Classic brings to the table once a Mavic 3 Pro is included.
Agreed, as a pilot who flies the aircraft more than the camera, in that sense a Mavic 3 is a Mavic 3, regardless of the model. The aircraft itself, regardless of the camera mounted to it, is truly a marvel of engineering and a very sweet bird to be at the sticks with, and in that sense they are all identical. But you don't need 2 of em.
So I say congrats on your new Pro and I look forward to your review on it!

Agreed, as a pilot who flies the aircraft more than the camera, in that sense a Mavic 3 is a Mavic 3, regardless of the model. The aircraft itself, regardless of the camera mounted to it, is truly a marvel of engineering and a very sweet bird to be at the sticks with, and in that sense they are all identical. But you don't need 2 of em.
So I say congrats on your new Pro and I look forward to your review on it!
All true. Also, The main wide camera on the Pro is the same as the classic. So nothing gained there either.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Since you said you are only flying as a hobby, should your new Mavic 3 Pro go down and need repair, you have the capable Mavic Mini 3 Pro to help you out for fun shots.

Therefore, you will find your Mavic 3 classic sitting around collecting dust as it loses value. Since you are not doing commercial work, you don't really need a back up of the exact same drone. You won't have the exact same camera, because the new M3Pro has a different (better) camera system than your M3C. That means the M3C has to be the one to be sold, now, while it still holds reasonably good resale value.

If you were doing commercial work, I would say sell the Mini 3 Pro because your commercial work would most likely involve using the Mavic 3 most of the time and you would need a back up Mavic 3 of some sort. However, since your Mini 3 Pro has unique features and you are just flying and shooting for fun, keep that Mini 3 Pro for its size and turnable camera. Keep the Avata for its uniqueness and sell the Mavic 3 Classic because it does not give you anything that the new Mavic 3 Pro could not deliver.

BUT... don't let us influence you, just put the 4 drones on the table (including the new Mavic 3 Pro) and look at each carefully and ask yourself, if you had to, which one could you most easily live without and which one most duplicates the new Mavic 3 Pro. Then it's a no brainer, you simply pick that one up and put it up for sale. You're welcome.

Reactions: SethB
Thank you for the replies. Plenty to think about. I will sell the M3 Classic for sure and might also sell the Mini but I will think about that as the day goes by. I cant think of a time I would pick the Mini over the M3 other than lighter travel which is the way it is now with the Mini and Classic. I dont dislike the Mini just prefer the M3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25