DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV-VR

samtnus

Reactions
Just saw this new bundle came out this week by Rochester Optical. It's pretty cool that the VR enclosure is included. If someone has bought it, please share some experience. Thanks!

Reactions: Dronix
So.......It includes the BT-300 and the Solitaire Ace? Any chance of providing a link so we can locate?

I just received my BT-300 from B&H this week - and bought a rochester polarized sunshield separately to go with them.. now I'm having buyer's remorse and may return everything to get this VR combo to get the Ace enclosure.

A couple clarifying questions:
  • Do the BT-300s have to be disassembled at all to use the Ace enclosure?
  • I'm assuming the Ace still allow the AR experience to keep the drone in line of sight? They're probably just better at blocking out distracting light- and then using the blackout shade makes them more of a VR headset?

I just received my BT-300 from B&H this week - and bought a rochester polarized sunshield separately to go with them.. now I'm having buyer's remorse and may return everything to get this VR combo to get the Ace enclosure.

A couple clarifying questions:
  • Do the BT-300s have to be disassembled at all to use the Ace enclosure?
  • I'm assuming the Ace still allow the AR experience to keep the drone in line of sight? They're probably just better at blocking out distracting light- and then using the blackout shade makes them more of a VR headset?

I'm not sure what the added advantage of the ACE enclosure is, other than providing a totally blacked out environment for the BT-300, there is only a few pieces of AR software from the Moverio apps store that suit a blacked out environment and no specifically related VR software and experiences developed like the more dedicated VR solutions such as the Vive or Occulus.

You would be able to watch Netflix blacked out, but you could do this at night for free
You could fly blacked out like the DJI Goggles.

I can only see these benefits in the enclosure, you would get more VR capability from a Gear VR and a compatible Samsung phone

The ace enclosure is to provide an fpv flying experience. It's not really meant for mavic flight specifically. The bt300 with it's sun filter lens is fine outdoors in bright sun, and the display brightness is adjustable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242