DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting tracks as shapefiles

Jo_Dub7

Reactions
I am relatively new to my Mavic 2 Zoom, so forgive me if this is a simple question... I have done a bunch of searching around, but still no result.

I am wondering if I can use my Mavic 2 zoom to create and save tracks as separate shapefiles (or kml), whether or be through DJI GO4 or Litchi, or some other app? I would like to fly the perimeter of wetlands and map their locations.

Any help is appreciated!

I am relatively new to my Mavic 2 Zoom, so forgive me if this is a simple question... I have done a bunch of searching around, but still no result.

I am wondering if I can use my Mavic 2 zoom to create and save tracks as separate shapefiles (or kml), whether or be through DJI GO4 or Litchi, or some other app? I would like to fly the perimeter of wetlands and map their locations.

Any help is appreciated!
Pix4DCapture or drone deploy. Those will allow you to map automatically and then send the pictures off to their cloud service, or you can use some other mapping service or software to convert them them to kml or your file type of choice.

WebODM - just as good as above, but free!!!!!!!:)

-Or a one-time small fee if you need the technical assistance package.

Reactions: brett8883
WebODM - just as good as above, but free!!!!!!!:)

-Or a one-time small fee if you need the technical assistance package.

Hey Brett - I got it working now and it’s really helpful, thanks for the referral on the other GIS thread!

Any help is appreciated!
If I understand correctly you want to save/view your AC's flight path. Sign up for an Airdata account (there's a free version). Upload your flight log files and export them to a KML. There's already a lot of relatively good (and properly geo referenced) imagery out there available for free that you can digitize from, and I think it would be difficult or impossible to try to fly directly over an actual wetland boundary, since wetlands are delineated by many factors such as soil type, plant type, high water lines, etc. Also, your accuracy will only be as good as the consumer-grade GPS in the AC. You could also go the route of using something like Pix4d or DroneDeploy to create your own orthophoto to digitize from, but again, without proper ground control your accuracy will suffer.

Reactions: ff22 and AMann
If I understand correctly you want to save/view your AC's flight path. Sign up for an Airdata account (there's a free version). Upload your flight log files and export them to a KML. There's already a lot of relatively good (and properly geo referenced) imagery out there available for free that you can digitize from, and I think it would be difficult or impossible to try to fly directly over an actual wetland boundary, since wetlands are delineated by many factors such as soil type, plant type, high water lines, etc. Also, your accuracy will only be as good as the consumer-grade GPS in the AC. You could also go the route of using something like Pix4d or DroneDeploy to create your own orthophoto to digitize from, but again, without proper ground control your accuracy will suffer.
Thank you very much! You are correct, it would be tough to correctly delineate the wetland boundaries, but I am simply looking for rough outline (wetted area) to share with collaborators. I would like to figure out how to do this for many other projects as well. I will give your suggestions a shot. Thanks again for the responses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath