DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC OR CE mode

Spermo

Reactions
Hello, is it safe to fly on FCC mode in urban areas? Will I lost connection because of interference?
Which is safer...CE or FCC mode to fly in both urban and seasides?
Thanks

You want to be in FCC mode - you will have a dramatic range improvement and better signal strength compared to CE. Nothing unsafe about it to my knowledge. Virtually everyone who has a DJI drone in a CE area uses FCC mode and I have never read about a negative consequence. If you're in North America you will be in FCC mode by default, but many other countries default to CE so you will want to change it.

Reactions: Bwoody321
You want to be in FCC mode - you will have a dramatic range improvement and better signal strength compared to CE. Nothing unsafe about it to my knowledge. Virtually everyone who has a DJI drone in a CE area uses FCC mode and I have never read about a negative consequence. If you're in North America you will be in FCC mode by default, but many other countries default to CE so you will want to change it.

What are FCC and CE mode? I know about P, S and ATTI mode but what are they?

What are FCC and CE mode? I know about P, S and ATTI mode but what are they?

They are not really flight modes or features of the drone in the same way that P and ATTI are for example, but rather product certification standards used by different countries to govern things like radio frequencies and to allow the movement of certain products in/through the country. North America uses FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and Europe for example uses CE (Conformité Européenne - or European Conformity). They are just different compliance standards. If you look on the bottom of some of your electronic devices or phone chargers, chances are you'll see a "CE" symbol there.

I see you're in the UK so you may find this to be an informative read:

https://celectronics.com/pdf/ce_brochure_en.pdf

They are not really flight modes or features of the drone in the same way that P and ATTI are for example, but rather product certification standards used by different countries to govern things like radio frequencies and to allow the movement of certain products in/through the country. North America uses FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and Europe for example uses CE (Conformité Européenne - or European Conformity). They are just different compliance standards. If you look on the bottom of some of your electronic devices or phone chargers, chances are you'll see a "CE" symbol there.

I see you're in the UK so you may find this to be an informative read:

https://celectronics.com/pdf/ce_brochure_en.pdf

How does it give you more range though? It was in a post about tips for newbies yesterday

How does it give you more range though? It was in a post about tips for newbies yesterday

FCC laws allow higher power output on 2.4 and 5.8g in comparison to CE laws. If you do the FCC mod you should check what frequencies you'r not allowed to use in your country. They will be licenced for other purposes & you will cause interference if you use them. Generally the lower 5.8g channels are not avail in Europe so you should not use the 'auto' mode, but manually select a channel. Check wikipedia for the channels you're allowed

Reactions: Bwoody321
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams