DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight logs. Concerned.

First a disclaimer. I have worked for Chinese clients. Worked in the clients office in Beijing and else where. Also worked in Africa on projects financed by China with the PLA providing security (very profesional guys).

I am much more concerned about American companies ability to access my data than DJI. I worry that all my phone conversations can be monitored by the US when my own government can not. I worry about the extraterritorality claimed by US law when i could be extradited for something i say or do which is legal here but not in the US.

DJI can see my drone for a few minutes every couple of week. The US - a foreign power whose president has no love for my country - can track my every move listen to what i say see what i buy ........ the list goes on

First a disclaimer. I have worked for Chinese clients. Worked in the clients office in Beijing and else where. Also worked in Africa on projects financed by China with the PLA providing security (very profesional guys).

I am much more concerned about American companies ability to access my data than DJI. I worry that all my phone conversations can be monitored by the US when my own government can not. I worry about the extraterritorality claimed by US law when i could be extradited for something i say or do which is legal here but not in the US.

DJI can see my drone for a few minutes every couple of week. The US - a foreign power whose president has no love for my country - can track my every move listen to what i say see what i buy ........ the list goes on

I think you mean Google, not the US Government. You vastly overestimate the resources and scope of government surveillance. Google, on the other hand, seems to have trackers on virtually every website out there.

I think you mean Google, not the US Government. You vastly overestimate the resources and scope of government surveillance. Google, on the other hand, seems to have trackers on virtually every website out there.
Or he meant project ECHELON.

That’s a great point and a perspective we needed on here. My eyes were opened to that fact during the Edward Snowden revelations. I never forgot about that but I think a lot of people didn’t understand or just don’t want to believe it and would rather be in denial.

Remember these two things:

Layered Encryption + hidden in plain sight = privacy

That’s a great point and a perspective we needed on here. My eyes were opened to that fact during the Edward Snowden revelations. I never forgot about that but I think a lot of people didn’t understand or just don’t want to believe it and would rather be in denial.

Remember these two things:

Layered Encryption + hidden in plain sight = privacy

Snowden did us all a favor. Without him, we would be in the dark on the old world. Nothing is secure, all encryption can be broken. Even 4096 bit RSA has been broken. Only true full proof encryption is the quantum level encryption that uses actual light photons that fade away with each handshake... Making it the ultimate solution. But with time, I bet you someone will find a way! I've given it some thought myself, somehow using quantum entanglement to get its negative pair and use that briefly to retrieve data on the fly. But I can only dream.

Snowden did us all a favor. Without him, we would be in the dark on the old world. Nothing is secure, all encryption can be broken. Even 4096 bit RSA has been broken. Only true full proof encryption is the quantum level encryption that uses actual light photons that fade away with each handshake... Making it the ultimate solution. But with time, I bet you someone will find a way! I've given it some thought myself, somehow using quantum entanglement to get its negative pair and use that briefly to retrieve data on the fly. But I can only dream.

Edward Snowden is an American hero and nothing less

Reactions: Trollistika
Ha! Awesome reply!
I ha
Unless you happen to be in the bedroom with a girl named Alexa. ;)
I dated a girl named Alexa years ago (pre-Echo), and also had my friend’s Echo go nuts when we were discussing a mutual friend named Alexa (not the same girl as my old girlfriend) recently. I’m disappointed that I can’t come up with a better story because all the Alexelements are there.

The US government is not allowed to tap phones in the US but can and does tap phones in every other nation, legally. They need no warrant.

Reactions: Pietros
Love to actually know your security clearance.... or maybe your paranoia admittance?

The US government is not allowed to tap phones in the US but can and does tap phones in every other nation, legally. They need no warrant.
Trust me, they tap without warrants. All they need is a fall guy that some how connects as a friend through a friend. Has happened many times and exposed through the Snowden files.

Love to actually know your security clearance.... or maybe your paranoia admittance?
Lol! I'm level 1 top clearance. I haz access to UFO lizard people knowledge. Matter of fact, my pet lizard is your Overlord.

For this who want a good read on security.... Here you go. Thank me later. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Edward Snowden is an American hero and nothing less

No - he was definitely not that - very far from it. Most of this sorry tale was never declassified, not surprisingly.

Agreed. But that doesn't mean that they can and do record every foreign telephone conversation.

Very much hope the US put him away for a very long time.
Ahh.... Seems like people are split. Personally think he did the American voter a big favor. He was key to dismantling the Clintons. But that on itself is good or bad depending on you political leanings.

Speaking of data stored in the computer of your car..........
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot access it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan