DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying drone in Seychelles

I am headed there as well in a few weeks and am having the same problem. It sounds like mahe and praslin are out but smaller islands might be ok. How did your trip go? Any advice for me? Thanks!

Hi guys,
I visited Seychelles in March 2018, stayed in Mahe. I flew everywhere with no problems at all. Enjoy!

Hi,

I'm going to Seychelles and I was looking for info about flying drones there. I only found some draft/proposed regulations on web, but nowhere if this were in effect yet. Do anybody knows what is the status of flying there? Has anybody been recently there?

Link to draft rules:
Draft rules for drones prohibits flying them on Seychelles' main island without permission
That's a tricky one as Seychelles are small islands which means the airport restriction space takes a lot of space (if not all of it). Like the Maldives, there are additionally quite a few seaplanes making every beach/coast a potential airport so I would recommend to look ahead before taking off there as well.

The SCAA which is in charge of local Seychelles aviation rules sent this map showing where it is restricted to fly a drone in the Seychelles (which is basically everywhere). I'm trying to collect more info from a local to understand the process on how to apply for permissions but it looks trickier than I thought.

Seychelles_drone_fly_map.png

In the meantime, I've summed up my findings in this post. I find very interesting that Seychelles is one of the only countries that officially allows its police force to shoot at a drone judged as a threat..

Seychelles_Police_shot_down_drones.png

Hope this helps a little.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure