DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free training for drone pilots on search/rescue techniques on Mar 30

$40 for a baseball cap is ridiculous.

$40 or even a $50 donation to "DSAR" and receive a free cap is a lot more tasteful.

It's all in how it is presented. jes my .o2

Hmmm. Good point. Thumbswayup

The price is high because I only ordered 2 of the hats; I know it would come down in quantity. Also, front-end tweaking of my logo design is a one-time cost that drove the price up.

On the other hand, not selling them and making 'em rare giveaways would make them more valuable. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TR Ganey
love the hat design.

Here's the final design of the cap. Who would buy one? They are not cheap - more than $30 apiece at cost once you include shipping. To make some money we'd have to charge at least $40. Remember that whomever comes the furthest for training gets one FREE. Applies to both male and female pilots. :cool:
Looks fantastic

Hmmm. Good point. Thumbswayup

The price is high because I only ordered 2 of the hats; I know it would come down in quantity. Also, front-end tweaking of my logo design is a one-time cost that drove the price up.

On the other hand, not selling them and making 'em rare giveaways would make them more valuable. :)

It also penalizes those that live too far or don't have the resources to attend training but want to support DSAR......hmmmmmmm?

I subscribe to this thread and when you post a link to the hat - whether you do it to sell or as included with a supporting donation - I'll be wearing one!!

Reactions: RCdancer
Here's the draft agenda as it comes together for the training on Mar 30th:
  1. 9:00-10:00 Introduction to Drone support for SAR operations (inside briefing)
  2. 10:00-10:30 Introduction to Litchi software (inside briefing)
  3. 10:30-10:40 Break
  4. 10:40-11:10 Preplanning a waypoint flight with points-of-interest (POI) (inside briefing)
  5. 11:10-11:30 Flying the preplanned flight (outside)
  6. 11:30-12:00 Demo of the M2E Dual with thermal imaging (outside
  7. 12:00-1:00 Lunch
  8. 1:00-3:00 Practical exercises with your own drone (outside)
The intro briefing will be posted on our web site in entirety the day after training for free use by any and everyone. We will also be giving DSAR contact cards to all pilots that are there.

We move the training sessions around to maximize attendance. We are shooting for a second training session in early June, north of Atlanta.

We are willing to consider traveling, provided someone in the target area takes the lead in organizing it and enough pilots sign up to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
We're thinking about offer this t-shirt to all attendees for purchase. Cost would be $25 and you'd have to commit in advance to purchase so we can order you your desired size. Comfortable, casual and loose fitting, heavyweight dark color t-shirt made from 100% cotton; double-needle stitched bottom and sleeve hems for extra durability.

Attachments

• TrainingShirt.jpg
    TrainingShirt.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
We're thinking about offer this t-shirt to all attendees for purchase. Cost would be $25 and you'd have to commit in advance to purchase so we can order you your desired size. Comfortable, casual and loose fitting, heavyweight dark color t-shirt made from 100% cotton; double-needle stitched bottom and sleeve hems for extra durability.
what are the sizes?

Reactions: RCdancer
2 shirts (2x) - black

I’ve added it to my calendar and hope to make it. I’m just outside of St Louis, wish it was closer for sure.

Happy Flying

I’ve added it to my calendar and hope to make it. I’m just outside of St Louis, wish it was closer for sure.

Happy Flying
I live outside of Indianapolis.

I was hoping to get enough individuals to come to indianapolis.

thats why I am also planning on going down south

Happy Flying

We'll add you to the list. Here's the current list of attendees:
  1. Rob
  2. Charlie
  3. Shane
  4. TR Ganey
  5. crimjohnson (coming from Indianapolis)
  6. SCK
  7. Shoemaker MP (coming from Shreveport)
  8. M2P-Firefly
  9. terradriller (coming from St Louis)
If my calculations are correct, it looks like Shoemaker MP is on track to get the cool hat.

Last edited:

For me, hat.

Current list of attendees:
  1. Rob
  2. Charlie
  3. Shane
  4. TR Ganey
  5. crimjohnson (coming from Indianapolis)
  6. SCK
  7. Shoemaker MP (coming from LA.)
  8. M2P-Firefly
  9. terradriller (coming from St Louis)
  10. kf4pzz
Half the slots are gone and we're still 60 days out from training. For those that have asked, we're planning a second training session, this time in GA just north of Atlanta in early Jun. It will not be the same training; we will work different techniques.

Windbreaker for those in DSAR that step up to the plate and take on organizational responsibility. And here is our second promo video ...

Can I purchase a windbreaker?

Can I purchase a windbreaker?

To buy a windbreaker, one must:
  1. be 107 certified
  2. take training with us
  3. volunteer to serve as the state representative for DSAR (be the voice and face of us to the state)
  4. publicize us with the appropriate state agencies, i.e., police, fire, rescue, etc. (Give them our contact card which you get at training)
  5. be willing to train other volunteer pilots in the state
  6. be the gatekeeper for the state registry - i.e., determine who is qualified to be on the state registry (We will consolidate all the state registries into a national registry.)
This will help our goal of expanding nationally. There will be only one state representative, meaning there will be only one jacket in each state.

Currently, there are no state reps; you could be the one for Indiana.

The jacket is $50. It's not Arcteryx quality, but it looks killer. It's a lightweight jacket, 100% polyester 190T with water resistant coating and water repellent finish, Features a roll-away hood and Easy-grip zipper pull. Packs into its own pocket for easy carry.

If you meet all the criteria above and want a windbreaker, I will order your size (will provide the size chart) and you can pay for it at training on the 30th.

Last edited:
ok.
what do you expect from the state reps?
sorry for the late response...working all day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik