DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp

daveday

Reactions
Reactions: BigEegit
Does anyone else find the gimbal clamp fiddly to fit on and take off?
Once you figure out how to attach it properly, I think it works quite well.

I've been using this gimbal lock for a few weeks and found it's faster to put on and take off since it's all one piece. It's similar (or identical) to the gimbal lock you linked above. The only thing I don't like about it is the tab on the back of the lock is a bit shorter than the tab on the OEM DJI dome. That makes it a little harder to grab it when removing the gimbal lock. Other than that small nitpick, I highly recommend it.

Lock.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that looks very similar to the one I just ordered. Glad you find it faster to use. Thanks

Polar Pro makes a really nice gimbal lock that I find much easier to use. It's a little pricey at $20, but I think it's worth it with less risk of damaging the gimbal. Plus it also protects the lens.
dfc3142fcecef91332bec776cef8560b.jpg

Reactions: RanD
I had one of those all in one gimbal locks / covers, but I got rid of it - I don't like how he prongs go down back of the camera assembly close to the cables that sit there.

The original clamp is fine once you get the hang of it. I put it on within a second.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
Polar Pro makes a really nice gimbal lock that I find much easier to use. It's a little pricey at $20, but I think it's worth it with less risk of damaging the gimbal. Plus it also protects the lens.
honestly i think you all like to be ripped off by this polarpro...
nd filter 5 times more expensive than competitors.. a single gimbal clamp cost 4 times more...
guys seriously open your eyes we talk about PLASTIC and a little glass and they tell you " we give you the best " ..........????

Reactions: The Flying Geko

That looks a quick and easy one to use too.
I'll see how I get on with this Amazon one and if not I'll give that Polar Pro one a try.
$20 is a fair price if it means I'm not wasting lots of time with the original one, plus I'm sure I'll do damage to the gimbal using the original one sooner or later. It's so frustrating and just seems a poor design.

I've been using this gimbal lock for a few weeks and found it's faster to put on and take off since it's all one piece. It's similar (or identical) to the gimbal lock you linked above. The only thing I don't like about it is the tab on the back of the lock is a bit shorter than the tab on the OEM DJI dome. That makes it a little harder to grab it when removing the gimbal lock. Other than that small nitpick, I highly recommend it.

View attachment 17318

It arrived yesterday and I'm so pleased with it! It's far quicker and easier to use than the original setup.

I agree that the tab is shorter but even so it's still better than before. [emoji1360]

If you flip the Mavic over it's much easier to put on. Now it's quick and doesn't feel like I'm breaking it.

I was wrong. The Polar Pro clamp is actually only 15.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steven Georges
Once you figure out how to attach it properly, I think it works quite well.

View attachment 17318
I am always very cautious when installing the stock gimbal clamp. Does the integrated "dome" clamp not force you to tilt the camera significantly when putting it on? It looks like you first insert the gimbal lock, the tilt it all to clip to the frame. Doesn't this put stress on the camera?

Reactions: AKent and Sndflea
Does the integrated "dome" clamp not force you to tilt the camera significantly when putting it on?
You need to tilt the camera forward a little bit so the lock lines up with the back of the camera. It's not an unnatural position for the camera to be in though.

Reactions: daveday
Thanks for the post, just ordered the same "all inclusive" dome :)
Totally agree regarding the original setup, too complicated. And without much of use the original dome misses already one of the littel tabs..

Merci !

Raphaël

Hi All,

Does anyone else find the gimbal clamp fiddly to fit on and take off? I feel like I'll end up doing more damage to the gimbal by messing about with the clamp than any possible damage I might do by not using it at all.

I've just ordered this replacement from Amazon in the hope it's easier to take on and off.

MyArmor Shockproof Damp Gimbal Guard Cover Anti-scratch Camera Lens Cap Cover Protector for DJI Mavic Pro (Transparent Grey)

I bought that same one and I really like it. It's a nice all-in-one solution.

Hi All,

Does anyone else find the gimbal clamp fiddly to fit on and take off? I feel like I'll end up doing more damage to the gimbal by messing about with the clamp than any possible damage I might do by not using it at all.

I've just ordered this replacement from Amazon in the hope it's easier to take on and off.

MyArmor Shockproof Damp Gimbal Guard Cover Anti-scratch Camera Lens Cap Cover Protector for DJI Mavic Pro (Transparent Grey)
Great piece of equipment.
Bought one on Ebay 4 weeks ago. Only $2,57
Sunnylife DJI Mavic Pro Drone Gimbal PTZ Protective Cover Camera Lens Cover Cap | eBay
Very easy to put on my Mavic (even without my glasses on ;-)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78