DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal dropping and elevating at max and min angle respectively. Is it broken? HELP!

diviaster1398

Reactions
Just a week ago, i purchased Mavic Mini. Its great little mighty drone. And I have already mastered flying it. 3 days ago I found out in sports and position mode that ...

At Gimbal angle > -5° upto maximum i.e 120°, going forward, it makes a sudden drops to -8°

Gimbal angle < -80° upto minimum i.e -90°,
going back or coming down, it makes a sudden elevation to -75°

I have attached a video showing the exact problem I am facing.

I have tried recalibrating gimbal and drone many times but this occurs everytime. Is this a hardware error?! I have read forums of many people going through same problem. Should I be worried? Help me ASAP.

To be safe, I am keeping my Gimbal in between -75° to -10° for now. But I am so concerned. If someone is having same problem, tell me. I need expert advice plz.

It is normal that this happens if you are flying in sport mode, because when it is time to go to more speed the drone leans more and in case the camera is up very high it will be lowered automatically (as happened in the video) because the only thing that would record would be the plastic part of the drone then to prevent that from happening the gimbal is lowered.

Try flying in normal mode and put the camera in the same angle but at a lower speed and if the same thing happens to you it is indeed a hardware problem, something that also influences is the weather condition.

It's more a question of how aggressive the movements are. The gimbal can't stabilize with those sudden movements.

It is normal that this happens if you are flying in sport mode, because when it is time to go to more speed the drone leans more and in case the camera is up very high it will be lowered automatically (as happened in the video) because the only thing that would record would be the plastic part of the drone then to prevent that from happening the gimbal is lowered.

Try flying in normal mode and put the camera in the same angle but at a lower speed and if the same thing happens to you it is indeed a hardware problem, something that also influences is the weather condition.

It's more a question of how aggressive the movements are. The gimbal can't stabilize with those sudden movements.
Thanks for your reply.
The problem dosent occur in cinesmooth mode. Neither in position mode other than a little drop can be seen in position mode when camera is at 120°. So.. should I fly between -80 to -10° always?!!.

And are you a Mavic Mini user?! If so.. does this happens with yours too?!

Thanks for your reply.
The problem dosent occur in cinesmooth mode. Neither in position mode other than a little drop can be seen in position mode when camera is at 120°. So.. should I fly between -80 to -10° always?!!.

And are you a Mavic Mini user?! If so.. does this happens with yours too?!

If I have the Mavic Mini, I went through it once and came to the conclusion that it was because of the strong movements I was making with the drone, since the gimbal was receiving very strong movements it was logical that I was going to do that.

If you can fly but keep in mind that it has to be very smooth movements, remember also that it depends on the weather conditions.

Reactions: diviaster1398
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair