DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Fault / Smoke Out - DJI Service Experience

Day 20

Thought things we're getting resolved after emailing the DJI HQ on Monday, I got another email from Netherlands next morning saying an 'unnamed' person was now looking in to the case and requested the flight data Yet Again and the video. This morning got a notification saying MP being shipped back repaired, this was not the case, the return was cancelled this morning. I've now requested them to send it back whether repaired or not. Now scheduled to get it back this Friday (allegedly) Will be driving it to the same company that has already checked out the flight data for them to analyse it correctly. The results of their findings and the MP will be then shipped to DJI's China HQ, I simply want a full refund. For a product that was only four days old to suffer this type of failure and then blame it on 'Pilot Error' without any inspection is an absolute joke!

This whole episode has been a real eye opener, I now can't wait to get shot of the Mavic once this is all over, never again will I be purchasing another DJI product. The Service Centres are hopeless making analysis with out even looking at the data or videos supplied is just totally unbelievable and surmounts to a service totally unfit for purpose. It was soon apparent that DJI was starting another complete circle this week just to hang this thing out another week.

Unbelievable. Would've thought that flight data and every other bit of info you have sent would be attached to your case.

Have the UK company come to any conclusions just by looking at the flight data?

Unbelievable. Would've thought that flight data and every other bit of info you have sent would be attached to your case.

Have the UK company come to any conclusions just by looking at the flight data?

Yes, and I won't release it until China have the report and the MP in their hands.

Three times they have had the Data & Video, they certainly have a scripted stalling tactic. I'm adding the complete email chain (now over 30 emails) in to the video I'm making. People won't believe it until they see it

May I say, the reason this is a complicated case is this, it appears to be wrecked, yet you claimed it isn’t.

99% of the claims go through pretty good and easy.

You said you went on a short flight and the gimbal freaked out and when you landed it was smoking and hanging down?

Devils advocate, would you believe that “nothing happened”?

Or am I misunderstanding? Did you say it was wrecked as a result of its flying behavior on RTH?

May I say, the reason this is a complicated case is this, it appears to be wrecked, yet you claimed it isn’t.

99% of the claims go through pretty good and easy.

You said you went on a short flight and the gimbal freaked out and when you landed it was smoking and hanging down?

Devils advocate, would you believe that “nothing happened”?

Or am I misunderstanding? Did you say it was wrecked as a result of its flying behavior on RTH?

Nothing was wrecked, you've added that bit of a gem to the equation, the gimbal failed a few minutes into the flight, it reset after 6 GPS Errors, then reset two more times each more aggressively. The video shows this happening during a slow ascent, the video shows the landing, it was not crashed, the only damage was the gimbal which happened in flight. Flight data shows no abnormalities before the GPS failures.

The Video shows it all, the flight data clearly shows errors at the time of the incident

Thought I'd update this thread with my DJI Service experience.
Short overview of the problem I had with my Mavic, after 4 days and the latest FW update, my Gimbal went crazy 4 minutes into a flight over a Scottish Loch. Managed to RTH while in a Death Spin, Gimbal was hanging just on it's Ribbon Cable which smoked when I landed it. Pulled the battery immediately.

Got a RMA & Shipping label within 48 hours, home from Scotland trip today and have arranged for UPS to pick it up today.

The journey begins.......
I'm just curious. Had you owned the Mavic 4 days after you bought it new? The Gimble going nuts shouldn't affect how it flies. You hit return to home, and it came back? From how far, and what's a "death spin". Was it trying to land itself? Was it descending with power like it was landing, or did it fall from the sky while rotating? The Gimble looks looks ripped off by a hard impact.