DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Singapore!

KewDok

Reactions
I bought a Mavic Air 1 a few weeks ago and I was immediately bit by the bug. Then I very quickly got frustrated by the measly range of the wifi controller connection (I did the FCC hack, but did not help very much in heavily congested Singapore) as well as the poor battery life. I have now sold it off and upgraded to a Mavic Air 2. So far I am loving it!
I browse second-hand sites all the time, and I am expecting some affordable Mavic Pro 2 units to show up as soon as the much awaited Mavic 3 is announced! PS, I want side sensors. ?

Edit: missing word

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America KewDok.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

I bought a Mavic Air 1 a few weeks ago and I was immediately bit by the bug. Then I very quickly got frustrated by the measly range of the wifi controller connection (I did the FCC hack, but did not help very much in heavily congested Singapore) as well as the poor battery life. I have now sold it off and upgraded to a Mavic Air 2. So far I am loving it!
I browse second-hand sites all the time, and I am expecting some affordable Mavic Pro 2 units to show up as soon as the much awaited Mavic 3 is announced! PS, I want side sensors. ?

How's your signal strength there now? I was sometimes down in Johore (before the lockdowns) and when I got close to the causeway it really sucked.

If you need to get into FCC mode try the DH-Companion, the new way to activate FCC on your Mini, Mini2, Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2 or DJI FPV

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome aboard! This is an addiction that can cost more than some others, but well worth it.
Enjoy.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

How's your signal strength there now? I was sometimes down in Johore (before the lockdowns) and when I got close to the causeway it really sucked.

If you need to get into FCC mode try the DH-Companion, the new way to activate FCC on your Mini, Mini2, Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2 or DJI FPV
Hi! Sorry, I missed your post.

I have been flying in Bishan Park in central Singapore only so far, and no more than 500-1000 meters out. so no signal issues.

If you look at the map over Singapore, there is only a sliver of land to the north (towards Johor) that your are allowed to fly. Click the picture to go to the site f you are interested.

flywhere.png

Reactions: Steel63
Hi! Sorry, I missed your post.

I have been flying in Bishan Park in central Singapore only so far, and no more than 500-1000 meters out. so no signal issues.

If you look at the map over Singapore, there is only a sliver of land to the north (towards Johor) that your are allowed to fly. Click the picture to go to the site f you are interested.

View attachment 129904
That's pretty restrictive. Across the causeway in Johore the only place I know that is restricted is close to the airport. It's about the same for the rest of Malaysia. I'm in Penang and if I stay away from the airports and military bases there are no problems.
Having said that, with the upcoming abundance of the mini size drones being pushed out by Fimi and Hubsan there will no doubt be issues caused by idiots and new regulations are anticipated....

Yeah, who would have thought Singapore has 5 airports restricting most of the airspace! I only found out after getting a drone. :-D

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM