DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand catching. Simple "mod"

gsm2k

Reactions
The first time i tried to hand catch my new Mavic Pro it escaped my grip due to the slippery body and lack of good places to hold onto it. It might also be somewhat difficult to see where you can safely touch the body without getting uncomfortably close to the propellers. I mostly use my drone when hiking so landing it on the ground is almost always out of the question due to snow, tall grass, rocks etc.

My solution:
I bought some bright yellow Skateboard grip tape from Ebay and cut two 2x4cm (0,8x1,5inch) squares and, and now it is both easy to hold onto, and easy to se where it is relatively safe to grip it.
Maybe not exactly a mod, but this made my life a lot easier =)
20180107_142503.jpg 20180107_142432.jpg

Nice idea!

It'll also be easier to hand catch if you turn off the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO. That will prevent your Mavic from attempting to ascend when you reach up to grab it.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Nice idea!

It'll also be easier to hand catch if you turn off the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO. That will prevent your Mavic from attempting to ascend when you reach up to grab it.

Thank you, I will definitely try that =) Will this stop it revving up when you grab it also?

Simple, yet effective - I will nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize for hand catching.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsm2k
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan