DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar Autopilot

NorthGADronePilot

Reactions
Can anyone confirm that the Autopilot app is officially dead? As far as I can tell, it looks like Hangar is either out of business or no longer supporting the app. Does anyone know for certain what's going on with them?

It definitely has the best functionality of all the apps out there,
Definitely!

It's really strange that Hangar did not officially make a statement on what's going on...

I've heard it on good authority that the company is not out of business, but with a new CEO, they have re-focused on their commercial business. They expect to have an update to Autopilot sometime in the first quarter next year that supports Mavic 2.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks all here for the update/rumour/warning :) I was about to download it and use it for a shoot. I donlt think I will bother now.

They expect to have an update to Autopilot sometime in the first quarter next year that supports Mavic 2.

I wrote an email a week ago:

Hello Hangar team,

I’m concerned about the development of Autopilot. There is no communication about supporting the Mavic 2 Pro, there weren’t any beta releases in the last couple of months, and nobody seems to care about broken links on the Autopilot Website too („Support“, for example).

So are there any plans to support current and future DJI drones? What are your plans regarding Autopilot?
It would be helpful to have some kind of roadmap or at least some communication about your future plans with this App, because some if us builded some business around it (long term drone lapses for example).

The question is, Is it necessary for us professional pilots to look for alternatives like Litchi, which we really really wouldn’t like to do?

Kind regards,

They send an automatic response "Your request has been received by our support team and we will get back to you as soon as possible. (Monday - Friday 8am-5pm CST).
We encourage you to search our support FAQ https://support.hangar.com/hc/en-us for any topics or issues you may have questions on."

I encourage you to click that link too, its' funny. :rolleyes:

But besides that, I got nothing from them. And now there are rumors that the next update supporting "new" DJI drones will be released "in the first quarter" of 2019? That's ridiculous. They even named a separate Hangar app "Autopilot". Confusing at least, but says a lot about a roadmap for the original Autopilot app. There obviously isn't any...

So yes, my finding is, Autopilot is dead. Thats' a shame, after Jim from Autoflight Logic was in close contact with the community at inspirepilots.com for years.
And after all.one would be pretty dump to build any business around any of HANGARs apps or services with this kind of "support" and lack of communication...

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 1.21.19 PM.png
I got that when I clicked your link .Might be from my Mac but no need in me reading it. All I have ever used was the Hangar and it still works on my other drones except the 2 . They have the FAQ in the app and will see if they have added anything from the last time I looked at it .0ROJYyg.png

Hi, I've also been trying for a few months to investigate the contingency of the App.
Any news?
Thanks

I haven't heard a peep back from them and can't get the 360 app which is all I used to work anymore .
Welcome to the forum .0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: GabiOrtiz
[QUOTE = "dirkclod, post: 683808, miembro: 5"] No he escuchado nada de ellos y no puedo obtener la aplicación 360, que es todo lo que solía trabajar.
Bienvenido al foro . View attachment 64561[/CITAR]
Muchas gracias comnpañero, una pena porque me da la sensación de que es la mejor App de su clase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue