DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Holden, MA, new Mavic Air arrives today.

DanMc

Reactions
A new Mavic Air should arrive at my door later today. My kids gave me an AR Drone for Christmas a number of years ago. I spent a good amount of time with that and eventually put it in the box. It has stayed there since. It was marginally useful since it was unable to handle any sort of wind and had no idea where it was, and was a lot of work to keep in one spot

This past week I was at an event for work and a couple guys had Mavic Pros. I was positively floored at the capability of these little guys, especially how they could put it up into the air and just park it there with a video feed that is positively still. I considered getting the MP 2 Pro, but they persuaded me to go with the Air due to cost and size.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences here. All of the info has been an excellent training course as I wait for this new little engineering marvel.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome!

Wife grew up on Laurelwood Road right off Mainstreet.

Kid time in a box! Cheap entertainment. Be careful when they are around. No flying at eye level. Not an indoor toy in my opinion. Let’s see...... what else? Oh yea, read the manual please.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Comments from above:
"Be careful when they are around. " LOL, yeah, I do have to be careful. They'll want to fly it. The youngest is 23.

I have read the manual and will need to reread it, now that it has arrived. Yesterday I got everything charged up and powered up. Firmware update is complete. It was dark, so I have not put it into the air yet. I'm going to take my time and do this right. I'm thankful that at least I have flown one briefly in a store that had a very nice demo area that was netted off.

I have to do the FAA registration, and then I'll sign up for the DJI Refresh. I don't usually do extended warranties and stuff like that, but in this case I figure that the learning curve will be the riskiest time for this little guy, so it's a safe bet to get the insurance. The first time I took the AR Drone outside, I planted it in a tree and ended up with a broken frame, but that was a completely different and much less capable craft.

I'll be going through a series of exercises very carefully to train and prepare myself for as many situations as possible before sending it off. I used to fly RC airplanes and although I know this is a much more sophisticated device, I know how quickly confusion can lead to disastrous results.

A new Mavic Air should arrive at my door later today. My kids gave me an AR Drone for Christmas a number of years ago. I spent a good amount of time with that and eventually put it in the box. It has stayed there since. It was marginally useful since it was unable to handle any sort of wind and had no idea where it was, and was a lot of work to keep in one spot

This past week I was at an event for work and a couple guys had Mavic Pros. I was positively floored at the capability of these little guys, especially how they could put it up into the air and just park it there with a video feed that is positively still. I considered getting the MP 2 Pro, but they persuaded me to go with the Air due to cost and size.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences here. All of the info has been an excellent training course as I wait for this new little engineering marvel.
Howdy from Wyoming @DanMc , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

From Holden you say?

Do you know Richard Hertz, AKA D1ck Hertz?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Took my third flight today. Sent it up to look around at the surrounding area. Looked down at the phone and the screen went blank and all I saw was the stupid Apple logo. The phone battery went from 60% to 13% in a few minutes and then shut down. The amazing stability of this drone helps to keep you calm, unlike an RC airplane where you must know exactly what to do every second.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem