DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How close your M2P return home landed without operate joy stick help by us ?

Has anyone tried landing on a landing pad? I’ve just bought one but tried it out yet.

Has anyone tried landing on a landing pad? I’ve just bought one but tried it out yet.
That would only make a difference if the Mavic 2 had the precision landing feature.
At present it can only land where GPS puts it, which might ne within 1-2 metres of launch point most of the time but could be further away sometimes too.

That would only make a difference if the Mavic 2 had the precision landing feature.
At present it can only land where GPS puts it, which might ne within 1-2 metres of launch point most of the time but could be further away sometimes too.

Thought I’d ask, so I’ll have to land manually as normal on the pad. Glad I found this thread cos I was gonna show the wife how accurate it was at landing, would of made me look a right wally:oops:

I have a landing pad, the same where my original Mavic landed perfectly every time.

I find kind of ironic that they added those huge lights to help detection and **** but there’s no precision landing.

I often take off from my backyard which is pretty tight. I must say I’m mastering manual landing which is good, ofc after landing in my roof and my neighbors’s.

Don’t always depend on computers, they don’t often fail, but when they do they catch you with your pants down. Even if RTH comes back, I think I’ll keep doing couple manual landings...until I get lazy and get used to RTH again.

I have a landing pad, the same where my original Mavic landed perfectly every time.

I find kind of ironic that they added those huge lights to help detection and **** but there’s no precision landing.

I often take off from my backyard which is pretty tight. I must say I’m mastering manual landing which is good, ofc after landing in my roof and my neighbors’s.

Don’t always depend on computers, they don’t often fail, but when they do they catch you with your pants down. Even if RTH comes back, I think I’ll keep doing couple manual landings...until I get lazy and get used to RTH again.

I’ve always manual landed my other drones which is the norm for me but I thought, miss read... about the precision landing, thought My M2P could do it so was gonna try today.

I don't think it's a problem, if you take off from a 3m X 3m clear area. I gave it a couple of tries yesterday and the further it landed was 1.2 - 1.3m

It's not the end of the world, but you need to keep that in mind when choosing the take off spot.

I always found precision landing very hit and miss in my experience. Sometimes it would be bang on and other times if I let it, would end up landing on a tree or powerlines. It will be good to have the feature return if DJI actually implement it, but I'm not holding my breathe. I manually land my quads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird