DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do the transmitter's joysticks send control input?

MavicCF

Reactions
So I'm thinking of building a ground station that utilizes video game joysticks as the control input. I was wondering how the transmitter's sticks send signal to the main board, I've taken apart other TXs that had 3 wires per axis similar to a 3 position switch, however after watching a YouTube video on tear down, I see that the Mavic doesn't have these. So for you experts and modifiers out there, how is the signal sent from the sticks to the main controller board? Thanks a bunch!
-CF

It uses a magnet on the joystick and Hall effect sensors in the base to precisely measure its position.

My original plan was, if it used the three wire system, I would just snip the connecting wires and solder the ones from the gaming joystick in to it, essentially just making a much larger version of what was already there. Is there any way to still accomplish this or should I scrap the idea?

My original plan was, if it used the three wire system, I would just snip the connecting wires and solder the ones from the gaming joystick in to it, essentially just making a much larger version of what was already there. Is there any way to still accomplish this or should I scrap the idea?
I’m guessing the signal outputs might be digital on the Mavic, as they are coming from magnetic sensors.

Good chance there is a different scheme on your replacement sticks. If so, you’d be out of luck.

You might want to do a bit more research before you snip anything. See what @Thunderdrones has to say.

I do like your mechanically adventurous attitude though!

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicCF
I’m guessing the signal outputs might be digital on the Mavic, as they are coming from magnetic sensors.

Good chance there is a different scheme on your replacement sticks. If so, you’d be out of luck.

You might want to do a bit more research before you snip anything. See what @Thunderdrones has to say.

I do like your mechanically adventurous attitude though!
Yeah without actual wires to cut and re-wire I think I'll have to give it up. I'm going to try it on a inexpensive v911 instead as I've done something similar with a regular HobbyKing TX, and the idea just sounds so awesome that I can't resist :)! Thanks for your input though, you appear to be the voice of wisdoms and safety looking out for my poor Mavic;). -CF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy