DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you feel when flying drones?

Ever since I was a kid, I used to wish that I could fly, or that I could shrink down and ride a balsa glider or paper airplane. And throughout my life I often had dreams of being able to fly. Using the Mavic and seeing what it "sees" brings me as close as possible to actually experiencing those things.

I love it, but get the most enjoyment watching those younger and younger enjoy themselves as much as me with a little help from myself

Reactions: Former Member
I'm new to flying drones and I'm taking it flight by flight. I get a sense of freedom, a sense of awe at the technology and I get excited to think what kind of video I'll be able make when I finally get a phone to support a live video feed.

I really love it and I think it's hobby and recreation I'll value for the rest of my life. I also kind of feel an affinity to other drone pilots.

I've flown fixed wing rc and some rotor craft for many years and have resisted drones, I didn't see the point.....I didn't even like them! That is until one of my customers showed me his MP and DJI goggles, all of a sudden I was IN the pilots seat! I hadn't flown in a few years at that point and while I've seen the FPV guys in years past I didn't have the know how, or time frankly, to mess with it.

DJI did it all for me, I was amazed! So it gives me that feeling of being up there...flying around like a bird! It's an awesome feeling!

iv lived in the same area for 65 years, in the last year iv seen it all again from a totally new perspective.
my mavic is still my favourite toy.

Cool to watch the video and see things you didn't when flying. I was in Tripod mode I believe following a river and never noticed there were 2 kayakers in my video which came out great by the way. I was watching the drone as I was flying, not the monitor because there were a few interested observers I was talking to. I to have lived in the same area since 1964 and keep finding things on the ground I never knew were there. It's like a new town.

Yeah but then you can't make a nice precise slow move over 30 seconds without jumping all over the place...

I've flown, yaw was sketchy and the camera tended to drift, but it flew (ATTI of course) :p

Yeah but then you can't make a nice precise slow move over 30 seconds without jumping all over the place...

I've flown, yaw was sketchy and the camera tended to drift, but it flew (ATTI of course) :p
I thought this was 5x5x5 meter? And 999 magnetic interference? So approx 15x15x15 feet?

Yep, maybe a little more, 8x8... doing crane-style shots.

Last edited:
Its always a real pleasure to fly my mavic... On each flight I'm looking for a great pic to shoot , and I'm always thinking about places I can film, the best hour to get a good lighting...
...just like a kid, as said my girlfriend so many times!! xD

But I'm also stressed on each flight, because I really dont want to crash it, always checking twice all settings and environment, looking around the way the drone will fly there is no trees hided somewhere, checking there is no plane/glider in the area....and also stressed about someone come to me ,screaming about my drone flying around...thats THE worst part of flying a drone to me ....so I always look for a remote location to take my drone in the air....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada