DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many 107 Licensed Users are prevented from taking off

Taffybrian

Reactions
I am now at wits end. Cannot take off it is not the drone it is the DJI go app. I have bought an Autel evo but its unlevel horizen cannot be corrected. How many 107 operators are prevented from doing legitimate jobs because of this. I would willingly and love to spend necessary mony to get Mavic 2 pro, but fear I will not be able to take off. a,.Can anyone recommend drone with iris control and no GEO fencing. The Anaffi does not meet the target neither does the Yuneek H +. Would love to know how many 107 operators are affected by DJI GEO fencing

Reactions: AngelAndres
I cannot takes off in places I am authorised to do so and DJI have the authorisatuion. In areas covered by LAANC. In areas completely free of any resrtictions . Do you want any more . or are you questioning my honesty

What does he want to know. I can give every area I try to fly in and can not and its literally in the Too many cataogary. All I want is a drone as good as the Mavic pro that will take off. If you have never been with a client on a job site and been unable to take off I suggest you go with someone who has and goes to same job site after getting clearance and cannot take off Let me know what your explanation is to that client And why should he/she trust you to able to do any job. I am not knocking the Drone I am Knocking the FU that prevents me from doing my job

I can literally only take off in one area. Couple ofa days ago I was able to take off in a previous no take off area two days ago I coudlnt.. Every time i go on a job I try the Mavic . Get the cannot take off and use Autel and have to PS the horizen. What more do you need to know. Its not one GEO zone its places that dont even get covered, completely free of any GEO fencing and I still cannot take off. Please understand I am not knocking the drones I would buy the Mavic pro in aheartbeat if the damm thing woul get rid of its restrictions

What does he want to know. I can give every area I try to fly in and can not and its literally in the Too many cataogary. All I want is a drone as good as the Mavic pro that will take off. If you have never been with a client on a job site and been unable to take off I suggest you go with someone who has and goes to same job site after getting clearance and cannot take off Let me know what your explanation is to that client And why should he/she trust you to able to do any job. I am not knocking the Drone I am Knocking the FU that prevents me from doing my job

Good luck with all that.

I cannot takes off in places I am authorised to do so and DJI have the authorisatuion. In areas covered by LAANC. In areas completely free of any resrtictions . Do you want any more . or are you questioning my honesty
I can literally only take off in one area. Couple ofa days ago I was able to take off in a previous no take off area two days ago I coudlnt.. Every time i go on a job I try the Mavic . Get the cannot take off and use Autel and have to PS the horizen. What more do you need to know. Its not one GEO zone its places that dont even get covered, completely free of any GEO fencing and I still cannot take off. Please understand I am not knocking the drones I would buy the Mavic pro in aheartbeat if the damm thing woul get rid of its restrictions

The question had nothing at all to do with your honesty, but now I'm really puzzled by the total lack of an answer. Did you not understand the question? Aside from which, how do you expect anyone to assist you with such a completely vague description of the issue. You haven't given any locations, haven't described the messages associated with the inability to take off, the class of airspace, the Geo zone category, how you obtained authorizations, what you did with those authorizations, or posted any flight logs. You have given us absolutely nothing to work with. Are these locations that required LAANC authorizations or not? If you are saying that you cannot take off anywhere, restrictions or not, in any class of airspace, then there is clearly a deeper problem that definitely doesn't afflict all Part 107 pilots.

And if your question is solely can you get rid of DJI Geo restrictions then the realistic answer is no, and that is not the appropriate or necessary solution for legal flights.

May I ask which Mavic model are you using? If it is a Mavic Pro or Platinum, the restrictions can be removed but cant be discussed here.

PM sent...

You usually just confirm, and acknowledge, and the dji app will let you fly

I'm 107 and have obtained multiple LAANC authorizations in Class D and E airspace and had NO issues with DJI not letting me fly my Mavic 2 Zoom. There are times when I get a warning that I'm in controlled airspace and need to acknowledge the warning by clicking on the hard-to-see box. But I've always been able to fly. Peace...

The gentleman is obviously frustrated. Having a 107, and being able to fly previously at the same location for a job, and then the following day not having the ability to fly or have the greenlight would frustrate the heck out of me, especially when money is involved and a client needs to be serviced. However we are all here to help.

When I had a similar experience with an AT.C restriction and inability to take off, it was because I did not see on my iPad screen due to the glare outdoors, an “ I accept” entry box in the app notification pop up that had to be checked before the ATC clearance code I had entered could be initiated in the app. It is very hard to see the dark blue message window of this dialogue box outdoors even with a surrounding sun shade. I could not takeoff after several tries on several days before I discovered this check box when I was back indoors.

Lorin

I have not run into the "Cannot Take Off" scenario, however, I have run into the altitude restriction. I was recentlly flying my Mavic Pro inside a Blimp Hangar near Irvine (It is in an Enhanced Warning Zone, but it is also covered by LAANC.) Being Inside, I am not subject to any of the FAA rules. Also, there is no Internet other than wireless, and I was barely getting one bar on my phone service. About half the time I took off, I would be limited to an altitude of 15 ft. I needed to be able to fly to an altitude of 100 feet. (Actually, a couple of my shots were taken from 125 feet.) Getting around the problem was accomplished by landing, resetting the connection and restarting the DJIGo4 App. With a 50/50 chance of getting the "You are doing something wrong, do you agree to take responsibility" prompt and accepting that, I could generally get back in operation quickly enough. However, that cost me a good hour over the course of two days and worse, used controller battery which probably cost me another hour. (I have ordered another controller to take care of the second problem.)

I will add here that I tried to get DJI clearance for flying at the hangar from DJI, but I cannot figure out how to specify that area. I cannot mark that area as an area for one time authorization. In addition, I often find myself in areas where there is no internet service and I am asked to perform a flight. In cases like that, I cannot even ask for authorization.

An issue with the altitude restriction is that you do not know it exists until you hit it. (At least I have not seen where it shows up.) about 6 months ago I ran into the problem in Hawaii (Kaneohe). I was in a 200 ft ceiling area with LAANC approval (and verbal approval from "ATC" for the MCAS) and ran an automated mapping flight. The aircraft was set to fly at 150 feet, but hit a ceiling 75 feet. Unfortunately, before I realized what was going on, the Mavic had run into a tree and ended up getting destroyed. (No pictures, no map, lost aircraft. There went that job.)

I believe this is an issue that needs to be addressed with DJI, but DJI seems unwilling to talk about this with us lowley consumers. (I fly all of my drone flights under 107 rules whether required to or not.)

I think these links will help you some:

DJI has different Levels of NFZ. The farther ones are "Self Unlock" which means you can "sign your life away". The closer your get to the airport it becomes a RED zone and for that you have to contact DJI and request a Custom Unlock. Here's the DJI page that helps describe different zones/areas:

Self Unlock vs Custom Unlock DJI FlySafe
Self Unlock
vs
Custom Unlock

Sometimes things happen and we have to suck it up and accept it. You should always have a Back Up plan... just in case. We carry a non DJI aircraft as a backup and we have "work arounds" in place for other such situations.

I would definitely spend more time preplanning and getting things "Going" well ahead of the critical moment next time. I've been in your shoes (they hurt my feet) and I chalk it up as a learning experience and try to not REPEAT the same mistakes twice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom