DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think whats being mentioned here is this wont be a full time job, u wont get 8 hours a day 5 days a week rich from it, photography and such is like trying to be a rock star, every one wants to do it, every one with a nice dslr and a few lenses wants to make a living, unfortunatly its not that way. if a customer approches u and wants some arial footage and is willing to pay then thats awsome but dont quit your day job haha, every one has a camera these days and drones are becomeing super popular. copy right your stuff if u feel its worth it and have fun flying if some one wants to pay u for flying gladly take thier money and smile,,,,,
Again "GENESIMMONS" speaks the truth...sir you are on top of your game today

Reactions: genesimmons
i think whats being mentioned here is this wont be a full time job, u wont get 8 hours a day 5 days a week rich from it, photography and such is like trying to be a rock star, every one wants to do it, every one with a nice dslr and a few lenses wants to make a living, unfortunatly its not that way. if a customer approches u and wants some arial footage and is willing to pay then thats awsome but dont quit your day job haha, every one has a camera these days and drones are becomeing super popular. copy right your stuff if u feel its worth it and have fun flying if some one wants to pay u for flying gladly take thier money and smile,,,,,
I mean if your 45 and have kids/bills then yea probably not the greatest idea.

I mean if your 45 and have kids/bills then yea probably not the greatest idea.
Being a young man today, this is really a great opportunity for you...drone pilots are going to be in high demand...HLS, FORESTRY, MARITIME SERVALINCE, ETC...your on the ground floor sir, make it happen for you!

Being a young man today, this is really a great opportunity for you...drone pilots are going to be in high demand...HLS, FORESTRY, MARITIME SERVALINCE, ETC...your on the ground floor sir, make it happen for you!
Thanks for the encouragement/advice. I will probably stick to easy stuff like real estate once I get my certification and see where it goes from there.

Reactions: Classic flyer
what you can do is pool the costs of all your equipment you will be using and multiply it by 3%, this is a pretty standard rate for rental houses for equipment. Add to that what you think is fair for your skillset for labor and potential editing. this is what is called a day rate

potential clients will like this type of itemization.

what you can do is pool the costs of all your equipment you will be using and multiply it by 3%, this is a pretty standard rate for rental houses for equipment. Add to that what you think is fair for your skillset for labor and potential editing. this is what is called a day rate

potential clients will like this type of itemization.
Correctamondo sir

Reactions: Yoda007

True that about the insurance, but you can buy it per job and add that expense to the job...no telling where this drone thing is going, but it seems as if the future of drone work is still wide open...only limited by your imagination

Do you think $100 an hour would be a good price?

Without a reel this is hard to judge. anyone can "fly" a uav. saying you are semi experienced I would suggest mastering the dji manual, have an expert understanding of being a camera operator on the ground, composition, being a DP in flight, while monitoring your flight environment, flight path, actor/object/target tracking. all while being prepared for that atti/disconnected warning at any time [emoji327][emoji927][emoji1377]

if you can do all these things at a professional level, clients will take you more seriously in your suggestions and day rate quote.

after keeping all this in mind as well as travel, contracts asking you to sign something, time and client management and your current skillset level...

ask yourself how much you are worth? thats the professionalism youll need to convey to a client when quoting 1 million dollars :)

Reactions: Classic flyer
Without a reel this is hard to judge. anyone can "fly" a uav. saying you are semi experienced I would suggest mastering the dji manual, have an expert understanding of being a camera operator on the ground, composition, being a DP in flight, while monitoring your flight environment, flight path, actor/object/target tracking. all while being prepared for that atti/disconnected warning at any time [emoji327][emoji927][emoji1377]

if you can do all these things at a professional level, clients will take you more seriously in your suggestions and day rate quote.

after keeping all this in mind as well as travel, contracts asking you to sign something, time and client management and your current skillset level...

ask yourself how much you are worth? thats the professionalism youll need to convey to a client when quoting 1 million dollars :)
Very true...just because you have a camera drone dosent make one a videographer

This is all assuming that you are only offering aerial services. I'm personally going to be advertising everything and use my drone as icing on the cake. I may not even use it for every single job.

Much of what you say is spot-on, however the insurance can be done as posted... example would be independent truckers...yes they themselves are insured but most of the time they purchase "per job" insurance to cover what they're hauling...thank you, goodday

After you get your 107 cert. you should try to get other certs. ( thermal imagery, aerial surveying, etc) to enhance your skill assets...the more you have the better chance for employment
Any good certificate programs out there for what you mentioned?

No offence to anyone but this reminds me when people could buy a pc with photo shop or illustrator a few years back and all of a sudden everyone was a designer all of a sudden

My suggestion is get a portfolio, and a show reel practice editing photos and video a lot

You may be able to fly a drone but there are a lot of skills need other than flying

Last edited:
Reactions: guest_1121
No offence to anyone but this reminds me when people could buy a pc with photo shop or illustrator a few years back and all of a sudden everyone was a designer all of a sudden

My suggestion is get a portfolio, and a show reel practice editing photos and video a lot

You may be able to fly a drone but there are a lot of skills need other than flying

Sorry to pee on your chips
How do you think you get a portfolio? You practice by filming and editting. I don't think anybody implied all you have to do is fly your drone and the bucks will roll in. It's a lot of work and a difficult skill to master, but implying their is no money to be made in this industry is kind of ridiculous. I don't even have my part 107 license yet and I know several people who want me to film stuff for them and often times they tell me what they are willing to pay and to 21 year old me it's a lot of money for something I love doing.

I think it also depends on your location. I am located in a major city so lots of work, but not to much competition. Any city in California probably has a ton of demand, but extremely high competition so a market like that probably would be difficult to become profitable.

Just my two cents.

How do you think you get a portfolio? You practice by filming and editting. I don't think anybody implied all you have to do is fly your drone and the bucks will roll in. It's a lot of work and a difficult skill to master, but implying their is no money to be made in this industry is kind of ridiculous. I don't even have my part 107 license yet and I know several people who want me to film stuff for them and often times they tell me what they are willing to pay and to 21 year old me it's a lot of money for something I love doing.

I think it also depends on your location. I am located in a major city so lots of work, but not to much competition. Any city in California probably has a ton of demand, but extremely high competition so a market like that probably would be difficult to become profitable.

Just my two cents.
You sound like you have a good idea of what you need to do, so go and get it sir...you have a lifetime in front of you and your on the ground floor of something that's going to grow in leeps and bounds...good luck

Just my two cents.

Chill dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member