DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to download maps?

mavic6611

Reactions
Hey Pilots,

I'll be using my Nvidia shield for some of my flights. Only problem is there's no cellular data, hence I can't use maps. So the question is, how on earth do I use maps whilst flying with the go 4 app?

Thanks guys

You can open the Google Maps application when you are connected to WiFi and then reposition the map area to the area that you intend to fly in the future. Do a zoom in and zoom out on the area. That map data will be cached to the Nvidia Shield so that when you actually are in the area to fly that map data will be presented. If you travel to another location that has not been cached then it will not display it until you cache that area.

Another option is to "tether" a cell phone to the Nvidia shield so that the tablet uses the cellular connection and transfers that map date to the tablet when out in the area one wants to fly.

Reactions: mavic6611
You can open the Google Maps application when you are connected to WiFi and then reposition the map area to the area that you intend to fly in the future. Do a zoom in and zoom out on the area. That map data will be cached to the Nvidia Shield so that when you actually are in the area to fly that map data will be presented. If you travel to another location that has not been cached then it will not display it until you cache that area.

Another option is to "tether" a cell phone to the Nvidia shield so that the tablet uses the cellular connection and transfers that map date to the tablet when out in the area one wants to fly.
Great answer thanks!

You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

Another option would be to use the "Offline Map" feature in DJI GO. That feature is not available in DJI GO 4.1.18 (the current version), so you'll need to downgrade to 4.1.15 to access it. After downloading the maps, you can then upgrade back to 4.1.18. This option will be most convenient since it'll allow you to download the maps for a large location (like the entire US).

DJI-GO-Offline-Map-Feature.jpg

Reactions: mavic6611
You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

Another option would be to use the "Offline Map" feature in DJI GO. That feature is not available in DJI GO 4.1.18 (the current version), so you'll need to downgrade to 4.1.15 to access it. After downloading the maps, you can then upgrade back to 4.1.18. This option will be most convenient since it'll allow you to download the maps for a large location (like the entire US).

View attachment 26999
That's brilliant thanks for helping me out with that info.

Hey Pilots,

I'll be using my Nvidia shield for some of my flights. Only problem is there's no cellular data, hence I can't use maps. So the question is, how on earth do I use maps whilst flying with the go 4 app?

Thanks guys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid