DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Protect MM Propellers when folded ...

Paulo Silva

Reactions
Best regards from Portugal,

Now, if I may, I will suggest something, we all know that storage is not perfect, even inside the provided transportation case ( in MM Combo ), some of the times the very sensitive "blades" can bend or scuf... But to protect the propellers, a simple unexpensive accessory called GLASS STOCKINGS FROM OUR WIFES are enough ... A cut on each side at the elastic and that's it "dress" the MM + the controller ...
;)

072140jtt20t8x2h1tottm.jpg072153yaut6akyaxbssxzw.jpg072209twtklfkllf0wr9yw.jpg072219donm144h8kc8o1k4.jpg072226vs05j0xjzpxid250.jpg

i bught these cases for my MM - there is zero pressure on the blades when stored so no worries about warping - and they make it so easy to throw in a bag to take somewhere ... love them

they look very comfortable and safe but you need a pair of them...so it's much more practical to use the one that comes in the bundle, but believe me, if I didn't have already my original one, I would bought that set !!!
That's only my opinion
Thumbswayup

Nothing beats rubber bands — and they come in different colors for those rainbow folks.

Various designs for protection here. Fits into the Fly More box.

Reactions: Paulo Silva
Since the new theory about the cause of insufficient force is warped rear props, you don't want to put any pressure on them. A rubber band or velcro probably will eventually warp them.

The flymore case won't put any pressure on the props if they are in line with each other when putting it in the case. The image of using the stocking has the props in such a way that the props will likely be warped as they are not in line with each other but about 45 degrees offset from each other.

This has me convinced that I've been doing the right thing by removing the props off of my M2 before putting it in its FM case.

OK thanks for the video.
But what's your solution for storage your mini in the flymore case without damage the propeller? Rubber band or other? I saw one guy who remove the bump on the bottom of the case to avoid pressure on the props.

If you put the props in the position shown on the label in the case then they're nowhere near the bump, and not under any pressure, so as safe as they could be. You definitely don't want anything squeezing them or bending them in any way.

However the issue is that it's very easy if you're not being careful for the props to swing out of the correct position as you put the Mini into the case.

Reactions: scro
See this thread that I started recently on much the same topic..

I have always taken pedantic care to ensure the props are folded over each other before placing the MM in the flymore case, to ensure they don't get squashed or bent in storage. The rear ones particularly can easily spin round into the wrong orientation if you're not careful. The case is designed such that the padding presses on the top and bottom of the MM body with no pressure on the blades. However, if the blades get in between the MM body and the pads (which they can - not the best design) they'll get squashed and potentially deformed.

So far I've not experienced the flat prop syndrome others have reported - hopefully it stays that way! I've seen a few ideas involving socks, elastic bands, hair bands etc, but all appear to put at least some pressure on the blades so I've refrained from using these ideas.

I wonder if there is a link between squashed blades and some blade-body strikes??

Thanks professor, i learn a new word today : pedantic. ?

I thinks you are right to focus on props when you storage your mini.

• Haha
Reactions: scro
Since the new theory about the cause of insufficient force is warped rear props, you don't want to put any pressure on them. A rubber band or velcro probably will eventually warp them.

The flymore case won't put any pressure on the props if they are in line with each other when putting it in the case. The image of using the stocking has the props in such a way that the props will likely be warped as they are not in line with each other but about 45 degrees offset from each other.

This has me convinced that I've been doing the right thing by removing the props off of my M2 before putting it in its FM case.
They are NOT in the right angle but because the sock are so gently elastic you can always adjust the propellers after you "dress" the MM and after adjusted they will remain like that... Is the PERFECT solution??? NOOOOOO, the PERFECT solution should be provided by DJI not by me or you or somebody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78