DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I broke my Litchi

mikemoose55

Reactions
Need help please, like a fool I un-installed litchi thinking if I reloaded it I would have the latest version.
OOPS now I have no camera image or video image on my tablet with the Litchi app.
All works OK otherwise with Litchi but I have lost the camera feed just get a black screen on my tablet.
Go4 works as usual.
Any suggestions please
mikemoose55

Reactions: Former Member
You might need to "force stop" DJI Go 4 in order for Litchi to get an image. What I do is start my phone, and I always go to "settings" "apps" "DJI Go 4" then "Force Stop." It usually works for me, even if I didnt have it running in the first place.

Then I start Litchi as always.

You might need to "force stop" DJI Go 4 in order for Litchi to get an image. What I do is start my phone, and I always go to "settings" "apps" "DJI Go 4" then "Force Stop." It usually works for me, even if I didnt have it running in the first place.

Then I start Litchi as always.
Thanks Thunder tried that but no joy just makes no sense, always worked before the reload??????

Do you have a backup of your tablet? Could you just restore from backup and get everything back?
Do you have a backup of your tablet? Could you just restore from backup and get everything back?
Unfortunately no I have a dedicated tablet with everything either stripped or shut down to get the best results I can from the lag in go4
mikemoose55

I just remembered... sometimes on some of my devices, Litchi takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds to show an image. If all your telemetry is working, then maybe just let Litchi run for a minute just to rule this out.

One other thing, will Litchi allow you to capture images? What happens when you press the record button?

Hi Rob
I think I have narrowed this down to my Huawei tablet that I use exclusively for the drone. Litchi works OK , normal on some other tablets I have why all of a sudden it fails on my usual flight tablet I would welcome any suggestions from anyone. The problem showed up when i reloaded Litchi from Play store ?????
I am getting too old for this heart burn..OH and yes it is capturing images on the SD card just not transmitting to the tablet
mikemoose55

Well its good that it only doesnt work on your Huawei tab, so you could use a backup device. Its also good that it capture the images.

How old is the tab? With all the stuff thats going on with Huawei and the US government, and now Google is shutting down Android support for Huawei, it might be Tab/hardware related. I might be howling at the moon, but who knows..

OK the bug is most likely in my Huawei tablet , I say this with confidence as I have further screwed this up. Now not only Litchi is not showing real time but Go4 is now blank screen now also.

What did I do between Go4 working and Litchi not you ask?

I returned my tablet to factory settings and reloaded both go4 and Litchi.
Now I am totally in the dark screen wise and technically.
Camera still takes pictures all works like normal just no real time screen.

Other tablets like my super cheap Lenovo works OK with 4 and Litchi both.
I am stumped
Anyone got any thoughts on what has to be changed, turned on, turned off , or vaporized in my tablet settings?????????????
I think I gotta take up stamp collecting
mikemoose55

Stick to American/UK/Swiss made Thumbswayup

PS: After you factory reset, No DJI Files whatsoever on the tablet. Install Litchi, and see what happens.

If you feel you need to intall GO for some settings. install an older version, no later than 4.06
And Make sure to assign one as default, and stop the other.
If alls still working, then install a later verison of GO and if all goes to hell then uno what the prob is

They do not play well.
Couldn't hurt to reload the firmware on your drone & RC

Last edited:
im having the same problem on my Ipad mini4 I can fly and I see the sat image and I think it takes pictures but no camera image any help please

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure