DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost air 2s at sea... after 12% battery drone was not responsive.

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. plan all your shots before 30% battery from now on.
I'm sorry that you lost your drone.

Truth is your story is about the worst I've heard, you almost had it in the pocket with a dying battery and you sent it back out over water with a dead one. Look at the feedback you are getting. There are many things that you did wrong that you can learn from if you are able to replace your drone. Just imagining the all messages you had to acknowledge and subsequently ignore to get to the point you did. Ouch.

No one here is happy for your loss, trust me. You are also not the first person to put one in the drink.
Exactly no one is happy for your loss. Just a very expensive lesson on drone flying. I’m over the water about 95% of my flying time, take off and landing on boats. Being conservative with battery life is paramount. The fly more with 3 batteries allows being conservative and still have plenty of flying time.
Hope you have the funds to recover and fly again. If you happened to have purchased DJI care they have an option to replace your MA2 at a reduced cost. If you don’t have DJI care I’d still reach out to them and ask for a deep discount. Never hurts to ask.

I bought my drone 3 weeks ago. i was really enjoying it. Today i lost it. I really didnt understant what happened... is there any one can explain me? There was wind but not too much it was like 25-30 kph

Here i share flight log:

I tried so hard to go back it was 140 meter away from land but it didnt come back.

I jumped to sea and tried to find it. it was 700 meter away and 60 meters deep. and strong current with low visibilty (There is no way i can rescue it)

Exactly no one is happy for your loss. Just a very expensive lesson on drone flying. I’m over the water about 95% of my flying time, take off and landing on boats. Being conservative with battery life is paramount. The fly more with 3 batteries allows being conservative and still have plenty of flying time.
Hope you have the funds to recover and fly again. If you happened to have purchased DJI care they have an option to replace your MA2 at a reduced cost. If you don’t have DJI care I’d still reach out to them and ask for a deep discount. Never hurts to ask.

Is its just me or was the author being needlessly berated by some over what happened .We've all made mistakes . The object of this site should be to educate not criticize . I'm sure if he wanted a bashing over what he did he need only tell his wife

Is its just me or was the author being needlessly berated by some over what happened .We've all made mistakes . The object of this site should be to educate not criticize . I'm sure if he wanted a bashing over what he did he need only tell his wife
You bring up a good point, and there was a discussion about just that a few months back. There is a group on the forum that have been tough on New Flyers , the conversation on that was noted by many.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters