DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I seem to have a gimbal issue that no one else has had. (Video Included)

pbrook12

Reactions
Video here:

Hi everyone,
The gimbal on my <30 days old Mavic is malfunctioning in some way that is causing it to pan down anywhere from 10-30 degrees every time the drone accelerates forward. Trying to correct for this by turning the gimbal wheel to pan up causes the up and down "jumping" motion seen in the video. Additionally, the propellers have become an increasingly worse problem as it is getting to the point where the gimbal is allowing them to engulf half of the entire frame at times, and are generally always in the corner to some extent even when flying straight. This obviously ruins the majority of any video footage I try and take and is just a plain nuisance.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this problem? The drone is now off to be repaired by DJI for god-knows how much money. Really a shame that my more or less brand new product is having such a small, but impactful issue. What's weird is that all readings are nominal and I haven't had any sort of gimbal error messages or warnings. The drone didn't have this issue initially, but one day I noticed it and it seems to be getting worse over time. I have yet to find anyone else, save for one other person who sent theirs off for repair, with this issue.

Check to see that your gimbal plate hasn't slipped under the tab stops. That's what it looks like to me.

Reactions: frankiez
Check to see that your gimbal plate hasn't slipped under the tab stops. That's what it looks like to me.
Thanks for the advice. What should I be looking for? I'm not sure I'd immediately recognize something that is out of place.

I don't think that's it. It doesn't look like the gimbal is wobbling up and down, but is physically panning down when accelerating and staying down until the user pans back up.

Thanks for the advice. What should I be looking for? I'm not sure I'd immediately recognize something that is out of place.
If it really is out of place, you would look at the gimbal and see if it's underneath the front two corner tabs and the rear center tab.

This is what it currently looks like:
open

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121