DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If it’s not fun, don’t do it.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My Mavic is yet another learning curve. You think you have created something good, a good shoot. Then you see something weird in the vid. You ponder, research, try to understand. What is that shimmering of lines in a balcony, or a roof element, in a tiny portion of the video? Turns out it’s a jello effect, and common problems with quads, rolling shutters and vibrating gimbals. ****, can’t I just take a good video? No, you can’t, when you think its ok, think again, and go and make it better. But don’t do it if it’s not fun.
YouTube

Next week I will find a score of issues wrong with my footage, as I am sure is apparent to all of you, now.

The link doesn't work, it points to your own edit page, link to the view page.

I don't see jello in the video, I see aliasing so I'm guessing you shot that in 1080/60fps which really doesn't work too well on the Mavic. Switch to 2.7k or 4k and (30fps) and check your footage - you will lose the framerate but the image quality is way better (not in just resolution).

I shoot a lot of video in 1080/30fps. Kinda a middle of the ground setting,and most shots come out well.DJI_0007.JPG

Thanks Plawa,

I can't shoot in 4K, my Macbook Air can only process at a max of 2.7K. I did shoot this in 2.7k (30fps) and imovie, which is about all I can use, only allows export in 4K or 1080.
Do you mean shoot in 2.7k and export in 2.7k (I know this looks a lot better) or did you mean shoot in 2.7k and export in 1080?
I would love to get it way better. Any other help?

Next week I will find a score of issues wrong with my footage, as I am sure is apparent to all of you, now.

This is partly why I love it.

We can never fully master it, yet are continuously taunted to try.

So what is it that is so compelling about it? The incredible science and engineering in such a small box that is so powerful, precise and amazingly rugged that it can accurately travel far distances. And then attempt to create art, high in the sky of its travels? ****** if I know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots