DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If Mini 2 SDK support isn't released soon, it may be too late to matter

TT3023

Reactions
The continuing delay in seeing support for the Mini 2 in the SDK is increasingly problematic. At this rate, there will be a new Mini model before the SDK support sees the light of day ... if ever. And I'm seriously wondering if that support will ever arrive. Given that competing small drones in the same class are appearing, some with features included integrally that could only be provided for the Mini 2 using apps via the SDK, the situation seems even more ominous for the future of this platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetM and droneian
Interested to know what benefits you would like to get from release of the SDK, developing third party functionality would be my guess?

Affirmative. As we know, there are a number of third party apps -- e.g. providing waypoints, et al. -- that have been waiting on the SDK for months. And over on another thread, we have folks trying to figure out how to hack Mini 2 functionality into the existing SDK (which may prove to be impractical, though hope springs eternal).

Reactions: rehkram
The continuing delay in seeing support for the Mini 2 in the SDK is increasingly problematic. At this rate, there will be a new Mini model before the SDK support sees the light of day ... if ever. And I'm seriously wondering if that support will ever arrive. Given that competing small drones in the same class are appearing, some with features included integrally that could only be provided for the Mini 2 using apps via the SDK, and the situation seems even more ominous for the future of this platform.
dumb question but what is SDk

Reactions: Dronut
II look forward to the SDK release for The Mini 2. Primarily because of the CAVU and Lichi FPV app options. Unfortunately my trusty old DJI Goggles RE are now obsolete.

Thank you, for that link . that’s all over my head
An SDK is a official way to allow people to write programs to work with the drone. Like someone could write an app that could allow the drone to fly a pre-determined route with elevation, speed, and camera control.

Last edited:
I emailed DJI to ask when it was coming, alas I still don't know, but they have confirmed it is coming:
Thank you for contacting DJI.

We will support Mini 2 in MSDK 5.0 so we are still develop this version, but there is no estimated release date at the moment.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

Reactions: ckoerner
I read yesterday that DJI have confirmed on Githib that there are no plans for An SDK for the Mini2 or Air2S

Just got this back when I checked by email

The support plan for Mini 2 just came out, but indeed Air 2S has no plan currently.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

Reactions: Serhiy
I hope people don't take this the wrong way but I think this could all be a language barrier issue.

I work with someone whose first language is Mandarin and the way this person speaks English is very literal.

What I am trying to say is that by stating that there is no plan for support, `dji-dev` might actually be pointing to the fact that currently the SDK is not listed in the roadmap -- but not necessarily that it won't be supported ever.

This was their response:
Dear Customer,

Sorry that there is no plan to support the Air 2S, Mini2.
Please attention to the SDK ROADMAP if any news in the future.
https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk

I feel native English speakers might focus on "...there is no plan to support the Air 2S, Mini2", whereas `dji-dev`'s focus was on "Sorry that there is no plan (currently)..."

just my 2c

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan