DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

E90RAW

Reactions
Ok, I just have to vent. I crashed my M2Z last night. I was out with my M2P and the M2Z and it was getting dark. One last run is what I said to myself. Then, over the trees (I thought) and BAAM! Flight log stated "YOUR AN IDIOT!!" The rear arm broke off, et cetera. Like one of my kids getting injured. The LED lights scintillating through the trees, the sounds of the rotors mashing against the branches as it struggled to continue its objective. One leg gone, no more lift, only forward motion. No stopping it now. Another patch of trees, more mashing, and it was over. Just the blinking of the LEDs in the distant woods and a whisper through the trees, like vapors of mist, WHY, why'd you do it!
Well, there's no solace to the story. Even with the DJI Care Refresh, it wont be the same without her. Why? Why'd you do it.

Last edited:
Like one of my kids getting injured.

Know how you feel through my first crash, you get so down about it.
If that attached to 'her', maybe consider repair ?
I did with my M1P and haven't had another problem since.
I'd try either DJI Drone Services, or Thunderdrones (google) if I was in the US.

Hope you get the Z flying again (thinking with the heart), and if a replacement is decided on (thinking with the head) then you'll have the dynamic duo going again.
Having the M1P is some consolation while waiting for whatever to happen.

Just so you know, the second, third, and the crashes to follow get slightly easier to handle (but not much). If you fly your drone(s) as much as I do you will succumb to a crash. Having them insured does make the pain a lot easier to handle. :)

OUCH!! Well for the record I have one rule I never break.. I never EVER say or think... One more flight.. this is my last flight of the day/week etc. I've crashed more times than I care to admit on the "Last flight of the day".

Same goes for snow skiing.. I never say, "Ok this is the last run of the day." Often times when I get back to my starting point I'll say, "Ok THAT was the last run of the day" LOL

Just so you know, the second, third, and the crashes to follow get slightly easier to handle (but not much). If you fly your drone(s) as much as I do you will succumb to a crash. Having them insured does make the pain a lot easier to handle. :)

BINGO! The only way to NOT crash is to NOT FLY! Flying things tend to find a way to break themselves into pieces very well.

Really understand this one! As a beginner I took a complete loss (crash) with a MM on my third flight! Was just becoming comfortable … Still trying to decide if I want to try again, the enjoyment was sizable so eventually I may try again although not likely with an MM. The multiple flyaway posts here make it obvious that a MM is not a good starting point for a new pilot!

Reactions: old man mavic
the best way to cope with the possibility of a crash,is not to think it will never happen to me
the mind set you need, is no matter how well prepared you think you are,you have to be prepared for the fact that things can and do go wrong
it is something all of us are aware of,but don't let it distract from the pleasure of your flight
for me every successful days flying where i return home with everything intact is a good day ,most crashes are operator error,and none of us are immune to that

I am sorry for your loss. It is a very personal emotion and yes, it is depressing when a hobby that you love and count on for relaxation (read fun) disappears before your eyes. I crashed my MZ2 the day after my birthday (about 30 days ago) right into the Hudson River and I am still not over it. As was pointed out, DJI refresh will help you and I am sure you will recover! Best of luck.

I am sorry for your loss. It is a very personal emotion and yes, it is depressing when a hobby that you love and count on for relaxation (read fun) disappears before your eyes. I crashed my MZ2 the day after my birthday (about 30 days ago) right into the Hudson River and I am still not over it. As was pointed out, DJI refresh will help you and I am sure you will recover! Best of luck.
I think I am more depressed over your loss than mine. The HUDSON RIVER!. I'm from NJ so, what a way to go. And no recovery I assume. So that means a discount for a new one through DJI but no covered replacement? Man, so sorry to hear that. I still have my M2P so I can try to crash (I mean fly) that one. Thanks for the condolences. NJ or NY side of the Hudson? You sound like an NJ guy.

the best way to cope with the possibility of a crash,is not to think it will never happen to me
the mind set you need, is no matter how well prepared you think you are,you have to be prepared for the fact that things can and do go wrong
it is something all of us are aware of,but don't let it distract from the pleasure of your flight
for me every successful days flying where i return home with everything intact is a good day ,most crashes are operator error,and none of us are immune to that
These might explain why you did it.
The FAA says:
Invulnerability: “It won’t happen to me!”

I think I am more depressed over your loss than mine. The HUDSON RIVER!. I'm from NJ so, what a way to go. And no recovery I assume. So that means a discount for a new one through DJI but no covered replacement? Man, so sorry to hear that. I still have my M2P so I can try to crash (I mean fly) that one. Thanks for the condolences. NJ or NY side of the Hudson? You sound like an NJ guy.
No, NY. Was in Rockland State Park, i crashed it 30- 40 ft from shore. I don't think it's deep, but the water is brown and very cold. Thanks for the shout out!

Reactions: E90RAW
I hope you can take solace in the fact you will be helping others who want to get that last run in when you know it’s probably not a good idea.
To bad you had to learn it the hard way.
I went out last Sunday and with the cold and wind, my eyes were tearing so bad I decided it was not worth it to fly. after less than 5 minutes I landed and packed her up.
This forum is the best resource to learn from others, good and bad, and become a much safer and responsible pilot.

At least you still have your M2P.
Good luck getting your Zoom back through DJI Refresh Care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw