DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image Stabilisation.

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
Which is better, 3-axis or optical image stabilisation? Also, what makes them different?

Degrees of Freedom and Range of Motion.

Which is better, 3-axis or optical image stabilisation? Also, what makes them different?
Optical stabilization does not work well in a low light environment.

Need more context as different manufacturers may use these terms for different things. So, what devices involved?

Does that make the Mini better in at least one way

Both have a 3-axis gimbal.
Don't know where you see "optical" mentioned in the context of the air 2s.
Kilrah is correct.
DJI drones don't use any kind of image stabilisation, of the kind used in some handheld cameras or lonses..
But DJI gimbals provide effective stabilising of the cameras.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
The Air 2S has a 3-axis gimbal so it would be better to compare sensor size, wind resistance capability, and aircraft weight catagory.
View attachment 135132
Confused. Curry’s PC World is wrong then?
I want my pictures to be a good enough quality to sell when the time comes, Air 2S has a lot of features that would probably help me get better as a photographer.
Anyone have any reasons why buying it would be a bad idea?

Confused. Curry’s PC World is wrong then?
I want my pictures to be a good enough quality to sell when the time comes, Air 2S has a lot of features that would probably help me get better as a photographer.
Anyone have any reasons why buying it would be a bad idea?
Those specs are right from the DJI website. DJI nor any other good drone manufacturer is going to build a product with a 1” sensor and put it on an aircraft without a 3-axis gimbal.

I would have to say the article in Curry’s PC World got it wrong. My personal opinion is that the Air 2S is at least 4X the system that the Mini/Mini2/MiniSE is. The 1” sensor is far better in low light and the Air 2S is more stable.

The only advantage of the mini series is the sub 250g weight class which allows you to fly in more places (especially outside the USA) depending on the country and your licensing.

Thank you.
Those specs are right from the DJI website. DJI nor any other good drone manufacturer is going to build a product with a 1” sensor and put it on an aircraft without a 3-axis gimbal.

I would have to say the article in Curry’s PC World got it wrong. My personal opinion is that the Air 2S is at least 4X the system that the Mini/Mini2/MiniSE is. The 1” sensor is far better in low light and the Air 2S is more stable.

The only advantage of the mini series is the sub 250g weight class which allows you to fly in more places (especially outside the USA) depending on the country and your licensing.

The Air 2S should be an ideal choice for you. Shoot all your images using a a JPEG + RAW format and keep both versions of all the photos that you think might be of interest in the future or to sell. Then as your skills progress you can go back and edit the RAW files to create better photos.

The Panorama mode on the Air 2S is great. Similarly, I would save the individual photos that the Air 2S generates when making automatic Panoramas so that you can remake them in post if they are not perfect or you want them to look a different way. After learning to stitch your own Panos together, you can learn to shoot them manually.

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
The Air 2S should be an ideal choice for you. Shoot all your images using a a JPEG + RAW format and keep both versions of all the photos that you think might be of interest in the future or to sell. Then as your skills progress you can go back and edit the RAW files to create better photos.

The Panorama mode on the Air 2S is great. Similarly, I would save the individual photos that the Air 2S generates when making automatic Panoramas so that you can remake them in post if they are not perfect or you want them to look a different way. After learning to stitch your own Panos together, you can learn to shoot them manually.
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan