DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU calibration

Fasteddie06rt

Reactions
Just a quick question, does it matter if you do the IMU calibration inside or outside
I know it needs to be on a level surface

Seems that there should be no problem indoors or outdoors, i personally would do it outside and away from any source of interference. I tried indoors and it needs more calibration than usual.

Have always did them inside on a flat surface here on my computer table and have never had any issues.
Welcome to the forum Voodoo .0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: Porky
I've done them indoors and outdoors on a flat level surface and haven't seen a difference whether it was done in or out. It still acts the same with no problems.
Just wanted to say also that I've done it with my mavic,spark,and phantom 3 with no issues indoors and outdoors.

Last edited:
Seems that there should be no problem indoors or outdoors, i personally would do it outside and away from any source of interference. I tried indoors and it needs more calibration than usual.
The IMU sensors aren't subject to interference.
Perhaps you are thinking of the compass?

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I've done them indoors and outdoors on a flat level surface and haven't seen a difference whether it was done in or out. It still acts the same with no problems.
Just wanted to say also that I've done it with my mavic,spark,and phantom 3 with no issues indoors and outdoors.

Yeah but this time of year you wonna do it indoors, bloody cold outside... IMU calibration that is;)

I’ve also done IMU calibrations on my three drones indoors, well haven’t had to do my Mavic as yet;)

It doesn't matter if the surface is level or not. One of my Mavics has an IMU mounted slightly crooked and it drifts in ATTI mode. No amount of IMU calibrating in any position would fix it.
You can see the IMU data in Assistant live while calibrating.

It doesn't matter if the surface is level or not. One of my Mavics has an IMU mounted slightly crooked and it drifts in ATTI mode. No amount of IMU calibrating in any position would fix it.
You can see the IMU data in Assistant live while calibrating.

I’ve always done what the manual said, no issues with me;) but it’s not the sort of thing I do on a regular bases, only when needed.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Yeah but this time of year you wonna do it indoors, bloody cold outside... IMU calibration that is;)

I’ve also done IMU calibrations on my three drones indoors, well haven’t had to do my Mavic as yet;)
Remember us doing cold IMU calibrations on our Phantoms by putting them in the refrigerator to be cold :p

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio