DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini Screen Usage

Nelson 1949

Reactions
Who has successfully used an iPad Mini as a screen with the DJI GO 4 software? If you have been successful, what iPad Mini did you use and what software revision allowed the download of the DJI GO 4 app? I had planned to purchase an iPad Mini today but when I asked him to download the app to make certain that it worked, he got a message that DJI GO 4 was not compatible with this iPad so that generated my question wrt which iPad Mini and iOS worked for this application.

Nelson

I'm running the current version of DJI GO 4 on an iPad Mini 4.

You can use the iPad Mini 2 or higher. The iPad Mini 4 is the latest and greatest model, so pick that one up if it fits your budget.

Reactions: RFaust
Maybe it was not a 4 but a first generation device.
That's probably the case. If you Google the model number on the back of the iPad, you can find the model.

Reactions: RogerMav
My son has a old iPad mini and go4 won’t work on it but go4 works great on my mini4

Who has successfully used an iPad Mini as a screen with the DJI GO 4 software? If you have been successful, what iPad Mini did you use and what software revision allowed the download of the DJI GO 4 app? I had planned to purchase an iPad Mini today but when I asked him to download the app to make certain that it worked, he got a message that DJI GO 4 was not compatible with this iPad so that generated my question wrt which iPad Mini and iOS worked for this application.

Nelson

The Mini 4 is relatively old tech - released in 2015. Wait a couple of months - there is a high probability that a Mini 5 will be released. It will be a lot more powerful than the Mini 4 and maybe even slightly less expensive.

MPP with refurbished mini 4, 128 gig. All the latest IOS, Go 4, etc. works great. Buy a high quality usb cord.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403