DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone8 plus

Davedavedave17

Reactions
Has anyone got any idea when we can start using iPhone 8 Plus phones on DJI drones?

It’s been almost 18 months since the iPhone 7 came out and surely DJI as a highly contemporary company would be updating their software by now? Meanwhile I have a 3 month MPP that loses video signal every 25 meters or so :-((

I use my iPhone 8 Plus with my DJI Mavic Pro and my Spark. both work well with no problems.

Hi Mikero,
Thank you for your reply. That’s interesting to hear about your IPhone 8 Plus success. I’m wondering if there’s a fault with my MPP? I contacted DJI twice however they say there is nothing they can do as iPhone 8 Plus is not yet supported. They were very adamant they could’nt do anything and also mentioned that should it crash, they wouldn’t be able to do anything knowing I’m using an unsupported IPhone.

The signal seems fine with the controller. It’s just the video signal that cuts out most flights of even 30 meters away. The micro sim still records however I have no eye from the MPP.

Thanks

Thank you very much msinger. I’m going through this now and will let you know how I get on.

How did it turn out for you?

I was super close to pulling the trigger on a Mavic Pro this morning, but then I heard about the issues with the iPhone 8 not being supported. Now I dont know what to do. Is it even worth buying one if I have an 8 Plus?

My plan is to try my wife’s iPhone 6s Plus ( which ironically used to be mine before I upgraded it for an 8 Plus). It rains a lot here so in my next dry day i’ll Try it and let you know.

If the signal doesn’t cut then I know it’s the incompatibility with using an IPhone be 8 ☹️

There seems to be app connectivity issue between iOS 11.2.5 and DJIGo4 4.2.5. I am trying to make iPhone 6 work but it is running those latest version of app and iOS. The app disconnects from Mavic after few seconds like how it was prior to iOS 11.2.1.

I spent good portion of this evening trying to get my dedicated iPhone 6 work but it was useless. While troubleshooting I tried both my iPad Pro and iPhone 8+ they connected and worked without any issues. Both devices are running iOS 11.2.1. The iPhone 8 + has DJI Go 4 4.2.4 while iPad has 4.2.5.

I would avoid upgrading iOS at this point that seems to be breaking things.

As far as iPhone 8+ goes I don’t have any issues not planning to upgrade iOS anytime soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78