DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth buying mavic mini now or I hope??

Lllcz27

Reactions
I am new to this drones, I have only handled toy drones, I am very interested in mavic mini for what I will use for non-professional photographs and videos.

They think you should buy this drone for its quality price and because it is a good drone or expect another year-round launch by DJI?

I'd also have a look at the Hubsan Zino Pro, it's around the same price but has features found only on the more expensive DJI models, it is bigger though

Head over to youtube for some reviews

I am new to this drones, I have only handled toy drones, I am very interested in mavic mini for what I will use for non-professional photographs and videos.

They think you should buy this drone for its quality price and because it is a good drone or expect another year-round launch by DJI?
It's only been out for two months. If they do release another version it won't be for at least another 10 months, but I doubt it'll be that soon. The Spark is three years old, and the Air is two years old, the Mavic two is over a year old. DJI doesn't release new drones every six months. .

I'd also have a look at the Hubsan Zino Pro, it's around the same price but has features found only on the more expensive DJI models, it is bigger though

Head over to youtube for some reviews

Having looked at the vid for the Hubsan Zino Pro.......looks like a clunky copy of Mavic Pro, not for me, would rather spend the extra cash for a cool looking Mavic !!!

Reactions: Rattydude77
Having looked at the vid for the Hubsan Zino Pro.......looks like a clunky copy of Mavic Pro, not for me, would rather spend the extra cash for a cool looking Mavic !!!

I've got a Mavic Mini and it looks and feels like a toy drone, the parts are soft and very thin. It's fragile and has a clunky design (e.g. screw on props instead of quick release) due to the excessive weight savings.
It's not built to the same quality as the other DJI drones and can't take the normal punishment.
Now the Mavic Air in comparison does look good and perform well, it's my goto drone along side my Mavic Pro Platinum.

Which one are you getting ?
Not the Mini I hope

I have several drones, DJI and others. For $399 I believe you will have a difficult time finding a good beginners photo, stabilized drone that is superior to the DJI mini. I use the DJ Mavic 2 Pro when I want the best quality, but for a quick fun flight I bought the Mini.

Reactions: Clipper707
It’s a blast. Can’t believe what great pictures it takes. And I have a bunch of DJI products.

Reactions: Brido
Too many flyaways the MM can't handle any sort of wind, it's great within a very limited flight environment, it's definitely under powered for the altitude and conditions people are trying to fly in.
Everyone assumes that it'll perform like a larger more powerful drone due to the marketing and that's where they get caught out

If you google the subject you'll get more than a few hits

Last edited:

I bought the Mavic Mini as it is smaller to carry when backpacking but tried it out and is easily affected by wind.Put the Mavic Air up in the same wind and no problem..Limits flying days with the Mavic Mini but if you are fine with that it does the job .

Reactions: Lastrexking
I bought the Mavic Mini as it is smaller to carry when backpacking but tried it out and is easily affected by wind.Put the Mavic Air up in the same wind and no problem..Limits flying days with the Mavic Mini but if you are fine with that it does the job .
Plus, folded up there’s not a huge difference in size.

Interestingly if you put the MM on top of a MA unfolded they have almost the same foot print, the motors are essentially in the same place.

Only difference is the Mini is shorter in the body length

mavic mini overlay - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

I have a mm and love it. I myself have had zero trouble with it and I am very pleased with the results. I also have a mavic pro zoom and I love that also but the mini is always the first one I grab, I believe that with the fly more combo anyone would be pleased.

After considering "spark" for a year, i now have a mm. It's up to your approach. You can take it as a buying suggestion, or a waiting one. :)
(Buy one, learn and get ready for the next one :) ) Think about your car, your motorcycle, guitar etc. First one, rarely becomes the last one.

Marriage is an exception. But, as it is no fun, we can't count it among the hobbies, right?. :)

I've been flying the mavic Mini for two months now.. my first drone and I love it. I also bought a Mavic 2 Pro and like it too... but the mini for the price I think is well worth it... have had not problems with it and the video and pictures it takes are great... amazingly it even flys in light rain. I did have one issue yesterday, kind of strange... I never put it in sports mode but I did with it about 6ft off the ground under trees and it wanted to shoot straight up... I had to just keep the down stick pulled down...

I'd recommend the Mini for anyone getting into drones.... just don't expect to find a spare battery anywhere it seems..

I think the Mini is a bit flakey at the moment like any new DJI release, there are a number of flight issues being reported in the forums.
Quite a few connection and device compatibility problems etc.

The difference in size (and weight) becomes more substantial when you include the spare batteries and carrying cases, or backpacks.

The difference in size (and weight) becomes more substantial when you include the spare batteries and carrying cases, or backpacks.
Not really in size, and the weight isn't that much greater. Considering the vast difference in features and quality, a little extra weight is worth it.

I am getting one this April, I don't know if Its worth getting it this late in the game. Don't want to spend more for MM2. Still Worth It?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan