DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy Footage Assessment

aphysicaltherapist

Reactions
Hey team, long term lurker, first time poster. Need a quick assessment from you all. Does this footage look jumpy?

Now I think I have come to a conclusion that my monitors refresh rate is too slow as I believe it looks fine on my phone. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZSGR5TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1)
My wife who is more astute to these things thinks it still looks jumpy on the phone.

What do you think?

Settings:
Drone: MA2
Shot: 4k, 24fps at 180º shutter, H.265 compression
Sd Card: V30 San Disk Extreme
Computer: M1 Mac mini with 16Gb ram, handles other H.265 fine (I think)
Speed of flight was pretty much as fast as it can go, which I feel like is contributing to the issue.
Exported at 4k, 23.976 timeline at H.264

Do I need to shoot at a faster shutter speed to compensate for the amount of detail passing in each frame since im going fast and close(ish) to the ground? Is it the drone gimbal? Cause it only looks jumpy with gimbal movements.

It does look a little shaky to me. Are you using ND filters? I find it really smoothes things out for me. A ND16 with your shutter set to 1/50 (assumng 24fps) would help. Also, try setting your export to 24 not 23.976.

Your motion on the sticks is jerky too, but thats not the video, thats you! Try slowing down... speeding up in post works better if you need to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure