DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Saved £250+ Buying a Mavic Through eglobalcentral!!

thefrisbee995

Reactions
So I posted on here about buying a Mavic from "France".. But despite there being eBay seller protection, some people insisted that I was basically throwing money way... Anyway, thought it's worth a go, £844 sent via eBay and expected a couple of weeks delivery. Couple of days later I received it via DPD from the UK! eglobalcentral were helpful and also included a wall plug adaptor (pictured) in case the box doesn't have the UK wall plug (eglobalcentral said it could come from a number of places internationally in a message).

Anyway, just thought I would post on here about my positive experience with a company with a "bad" rep. Only had a few flights with the MP so far after having sold my Phantom 4 Pro and have no regrets.

I made a video as well showing my first flight. Nothing amazing but hopefully more soon!

How does this impact DJI's warranty?
Or is it like Apple: global manufacturer's warranty?

How does this impact DJI's warranty?
Or is it like Apple: global manufacturer's warranty?

That's the big question, the reason eglobalcentral have a terrible reputation is that they're selling grey imports many of which have no official support in the UK (Apple are one of the few exceptions with a global warranty) which means if the device fails, the UK or European branch for the manufacturer will not repair it. The sellers claim the device still has a warranty but it needs to be sent back to its original territory which can take months, if the device ever does reappear. I've had a few friends now who've bought grey imports and learnt their lesson the hard way.

I'm not sure about the situation with DJI and their stance on grey imports, a search isn't bringing up much either. On another UK forum I'm on a user there posted that DJI were not allowing grey import drones to be activated although I can't find any source for this:

Thinking of buying a DJI UAV? read this first

It's something I'd check carefully before purchasing one anyway to find out whether it's worth the money saved. I'm not against grey imports and have bought a few cameras on import working on the assumption I have no warranty and anything more than that is a bonus but the saving was worth it, the cameras were known to be reliable and I've not had great experiences with the UK repair centres anyway.

John

Reactions: HowSR
Nobody said you wouldn't get it and lose all your money. You were simply warned that they have a terrible reputation, which remains a fact.

The test of a company's service is how they respond when something isn't right. Thankfully, that hasn't been required here.

Thinking about the same but more into a fly more combo, the big question for me is if the DJI care refresh will be working in pair with this drone, it would mean some kind of "warranty" for us directly from DJI

Can confirm that refresh works. Got a MA from Eglobalcentral today. All arrived fine apart from spare battery was the wrong one (MP). Managed to activate refresh on it via DJI store.

So I posted on here about buying a Mavic from "France".. But despite there being eBay seller protection, some people insisted that I was basically throwing money way... Anyway, thought it's worth a go, £844 sent via eBay and expected a couple of weeks delivery. Couple of days later I received it via DPD from the UK! eglobalcentral were helpful and also included a wall plug adaptor (pictured) in case the box doesn't have the UK wall plug (eglobalcentral said it could come from a number of places internationally in a message).

Anyway, just thought I would post on here about my positive experience with a company with a "bad" rep. Only had a few flights with the MP so far after having sold my Phantom 4 Pro and have no regrets.

I made a video as well showing my first flight. Nothing amazing but hopefully more soon!

Wow awfully low tide. Where exactly is this in the UK? What are the structures in the sand going out to sea every several hundred yards or so apart? Just curious.

I got my mavic pp fly more combo from eglobal today Sealed! Question is can I activate DJI care Refresh?

I got my mavic pp fly more combo from eglobal today Sealed! Question is can I activate DJI care Refresh?
Worked fine for my Air - just typed in serial number to DJI website for Refresh and it activated after I paid!

Care Refresh is not affected when importing. Only the warranty. I've read recently that eGlobal are sending out EU models to UK customers. These would have full EU warranty.

Care Refresh is not affected when importing. Only the warranty. I've read recently that eGlobal are sending out EU models to UK customers. These would have full EU warranty.
Do you know how we check this? Assume only resort is to call DJI and quote the S/N?

Just checked here's the terms. I also called them
Do not buy dji refresh-

" DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. DJI Care Refresh only supports aircraft purchased from official or authorized channels, and its benefits are only eligible in the region where it was purchased."

Do you know how we check this? Assume only resort is to call DJI and quote the S/N?

A week ago I would've said go on DJI chat and give them the SN and they would confirm but since then I've seen a photo someone posted that had the name of the drone with - (EU) - next to the name above the SN on the box.

Just checked here's the terms. I also called them
Do not buy dji refresh-

" DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. DJI Care Refresh only supports aircraft purchased from official or authorized channels, and its benefits are only eligible in the region where it was purchased."

This is quite strange. It was common knowledge that Care Refresh was available to buy regardless of where you bought the drone from. DJI confirmed this when I had mine imported from China.

I have a written email confirming that it was not allowed. Even though I was informed I could by DJI. Never the less I brought Flyicarus for £200 and covers flyaways too!

so many errors in this thread

1) i bought mavic in Hong Kong took it in Italy and IN ITALY i activated my Dji care refreshed... i used it already working perfectly! Sent it in Dji EU got shipment covered and drone was changed !

2) eglobal... well seems like up to fortune... here it is my own experience:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato