DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Liability insurance?

UAV Man

Reactions
Okay who actually has insurance for smacking some poor groom or bride in the head while filming? If so let me know what sort of costs are involved and name the companies that offer such insurance.

I realise some brides and grooms deserve a smack in the head sometimes but it would be nice to think I'm not going to be in court for damages. :D

I won't be doing weddings, so I haven't got to worry about that side I do try to be responsible when I'm flying, but there is going to be a time when something might happen

You may also want to contact your home insurance provider. For me, it is covered under my umbrella policy on my house. I have verified it with my insurance agent (State Farm). NOW, there is probably a difference between that and if you are flying commercially (making any money) but then, if you havent certified with the FAA (USA) then you may have other things to worry about.

But not a bad thing to look into. Just check with your home owners insurance first and see if you are already covered without adding any extra costs.

If you are a hobby flyer then state farm has a Personal Article policy that will cover your Mavic from loss for $60 a year, not sure how much the liability coverage is as my policy is in the mail but I think my agent said 50,000 per claim (she also said the company might not renew after a claim was paid)

Reactions: Sn9316 and Jimmer
Thanks for the post Butterpuff6. I think the insurance benefit more than pays for the dues. Do you have to do something to enable the insurance, or does it start when you join? I have one group where you actually have to click a box saying you want the insurance (free, but you have to click).

Thanks for the post Butterpuff6. I think the insurance benefit more than pays for the dues. Do you have to do something to enable the insurance, or does it start when you join? I have one group where you actually have to click a box saying you want the insurance (free, but you have to click).

The insurance coverage was the original reason I joined. The AMA is also a very good source for keeping up with the often changing and confusing regulations and interpretations for UAV flyers.

If I remember correctly, they sent an email confirmation of my insurance coverage until paperwork came in the mail.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I am a member and the Liability ins is great, BUT, it will not cover your Mavic if you crash it, it covers Liability, Medical, fire, vandalism, and theft only. So if you crash it you're out of luck. I have a State Farm 'Additional Articles' policy that is all that plus crash repair/replacement for $60 a year, had it on my P3. If all you need is basically the liability then the AMA is awesome, plus you get to fly at their fields.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair