DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Liquid electrical tape for MM

What solvents are given off as it cures and what will they effect in or on the drone, if anything. (I can never work out if its effect or affect)

Reactions: lowellton
Just Googled the stuff, no I wouldn’t even consider using it to skin a drone for numerous reasons. ?

+1 on the concern about affecting the shell plastic. It's quite thin so wouldn't take too much of the wrong solvent to melt holes in it. The shell is likely ABS, which is relatively durable against common solvents.

ps "affect" is the word. Effect is for: "effective special effects";)

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I would just stick with a skin that you can put on, there are so many of them and if you want to go all black you can. I only use liquid electrical tape on my freestyle drones because there is no case of any kind and I still use it very sparingly.

Affect is a verb. “Solvents may affect shell integrity.” Effect is a noun. “The solvent had an adverse effect on the shell’s integrity.”

Is Fogg a Brit? If so, do something about the stupid rules of Engish? I before E except after C - uh huh except forfeit!!!!

And as for VERB: "A person with flat affect shows no facial expressions."

On with flying....

Is Fogg a Brit? If so, do something about the stupid rules of Engish? I before E except after C - uh huh except forfeit!!!!
Weird that, ain't it? Sort of colours the whole thread. lol
I seem to remember Donald Sinden or maybe Windsor Davies or maybe the pair of them doing a piece comparing Brit vs American. It alway tickled me.
Almost as good as The Two Ronnies "four candles" or was it "Fork Handles"

The rules for English are:
  • For every rule there's an exception
  • For every exception there's a rule

Reactions: ff22
I'm sure it would up the weight above the registration point - if that matters to you.

Coincidentally I wanted to glue some thin foam to the inside surface of a wrap-around-the-M2P-controller phone holder. As I didn't want glue near the controller's 'glass' I used a dead mini controller (bought as a scrapper for parts) as a mould. The glue did not touch the controller but I am left with the two 'white' shiny patches evident in the attached. The glue was a "blow your head off" impact adhesive

Attachments

• 20200815_110922 c&p.jpg
    20200815_110922 c&p.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 23
Any comment regarding liquid electrical tape on MM? Been thinking of using this for skin. Thanks

You might want to consider a Wet Suit for the Mini : Comes with 3 Colors. Screenshot 08-15-2020 12.57.11.jpg: Adds a little color and makes it little more functional
Phantomrain.org Gear for the Mini .

Email me at [email protected] for the Forum Discount Package.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi