DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi & Air2S and recording flight path while flying

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Using Air2S and android. Is there a way I can record a POI (around a house in the countryside in my case) and then "replay" that same POI at night?

It's related to drone light painting I'm attempting to do. I can't do this POI at night as I can get my light source illuminated enough for it to lock on to do the POI

Any guidance would be great

Thanks Ro

Yes, you can replay the design flight plan. And, the drone will just fly exactly the same path and do exactly the same things you design as long as there is a strong GPS signal.

You can do the plan offline and mostly it means planning the flight on a desktop => Test it out in real-world => Fine-tune => Replay the plan as many times as you want.

You can do it with a mobile device but I used to do it on a desktop with a big screen. Besides, I need to switch over different windows/tabs to confirm every single mission point with their GPS location very detail.

But, there is a bug in the current SDK of Air 2S and you might not be able to control the gimbal pitch angle dynamically in the flight right now.

Hey. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. But what if I don't want to design/plan on pc (ie and then play it in real life later) but wish to first record it in real life, so I can tailor it there and then in situ and then save it for later playing in real life (at night)
Ro

Hey. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. But what if I don't want to design/plan on pc (ie and then play it in real life later) but wish to first record it in real life, so I can tailor it there and then in situ and then save it for later playing in real life (at night)
Ro

It could be quite simple.

Just fly the drone with the DJI Fly App and you will get detailed flight data.

Use this data as a reference to compose the planned mission.

I think you are overlooking something. As you know, the feature is called "Waypoints", not "Continuous Points or Replay Paths". It does mean something.

In the real flight environment, there are always external factors that affect the flight. Like wind, and also, the fact that the launch points are not 100% identical, right? So the approach of "recording => replay" is impractical.

Instead, identify key flight points (way points) and parameters and design them into the mission, which is a practical way to repeat the same flight mission.

It doesn't matter if it's day or night, the Waypoints function is according to GPS. Once the path is set, the flight at night will be exactly the same as during the day.

Last edited:
To explain the "Waypoints" approach, I create a sample flight for your reference.

1645348579977.png

Here is another sample.

1645350490635.png

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Using Air2S and android. Is there a way I can record a POI (around a house in the countryside in my case) and then "replay" that same POI at night?

It's related to drone light painting I'm attempting to do. I can't do this POI at night as I can get my light source illuminated enough for it to lock on to do the POI

Any guidance would be great

Thanks Ro
I may have something that is close to what you are looking for. I have a utility that can convert a csv file from your flight path into a csv file that can be imported into Litchi. It is called the "AirData to Litchi Converter".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25