Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Locations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3792

Hello.

I’ve been a member of the yuneecpilots.com since a couple of years and there we have a possibility to pinpoint our locations on Google maps and in the tread ”locations map” we can see eachothers locations worldwide.
I’m hoping that could happens here too? It’s up to the administrators and moderators to fix if we wan’t it? I’m not shure you can see this thread, maybe it’s only for members of the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello administrators and moderators!

Any updates about this thought?

Ya, still looking into options.

There are some challenges to the version of map plugin on YuneecPilots as it essentially takes every member (all 94k of them here) and dumps them onto a map based on IP address. That can quickly become unwieldy, inaccurate and create privacy issues as many users don't want to be on it.

Also, considering the fact that only 50 people viewed that map on last month on YP I'm looking into other options that might solve offer the same results.

I assume your goal is to find members near you, correct? I've thought about creating localized "groups" on the board for major metroplex areas which would allow local discussions, calendars, photos, etc..

C.

Reactions: Deleted member 3792
Ya, still looking into options.

There are some challenges to the version of map plugin on YuneecPilots as it essentially takes every member (all 94k of them here) and dumps them onto a map based on IP address. That can quickly become unwieldy, inaccurate and create privacy issues as many users don't want to be on it.

Also, considering the fact that only 50 people viewed that map on last month on YP I'm looking into other options that might solve offer the same results.

I assume your goal is to find members near you, correct? I've thought about creating localized "groups" on the board for major metroplex areas which would allow local discussions, calendars, photos, etc..

C.
Great!D6643613-F354-44B4-B6FC-AD4D5455F789.jpeg

Sorry for the delay.

I've been testing other options that integrate with the forum more seamlessly than a separate google map.

Currently playing with this one. It is updating now and only showing members who have been active within the last 30 days.

There are some issues with it - potential costs for google map API to update regularly, limited privacy options for members who don't want to be on the map, etc..

If this one doesn't work out then we'll go with the separate google map that requires members to manually add themselves.

C.

Sorry for the delay.

I've been testing other options that integrate with the forum more seamlessly than a separate google map.

Currently playing with this one. It is updating now and only showing members who have been active within the last 30 days.

There are some issues with it - potential costs for google map API to update regularly, limited privacy options for members who don't want to be on the map, etc..

If this one doesn't work out then we'll go with the separate google map that requires members to manually add themselves.

C.
I understand.
I figured that would be the best point to the google map and it's no cost. If you don't want your location on it then you just don't put it. It works very well in the Autel forum.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu